Date: November 22-December 21; ninth sign of the zodiac
Ruling planet: Jupiter
Most compatible with: Gemini, Aries, Leo, Libra, Aquarius
Least compatible with: Virgo, Pisces
Mutable zodiac signs: Gemini, Virgo, Pisces
Sunday September 20, 2020: Sometimes, it appears as if superheroes are too brave for their own good. They spring or dive into action without giving any thought to the danger attached to their actions. Of course, superheroes believe that, should a problem present itself, they'll overcome it. That attitude is reflective of their abilities and the fact that they don't doubt them! I'm not suggesting you're superhuman. But your ability to address and conquer a challenge attached to a brave step could be stronger than you think.
September 2020: September looks set to be about finding a necessary balance between home and family matters and making professional progress. A Full Moon on the 2nd could bring a domestic matter into the spotlight and possibly require you to assist or support a family member. But it's the New Moon on the 17th that offers a clean slate or a new beginning with a career-related goal. Whether a promotion is on the cards or you decide to branch out on your own, what culminates on or around mid-September will be the result of your faith-driven efforts.
Latest Sagittarius Articles
The Sagittarius Symbol
Every zodiac sign in astrology is represented by a symbol, typically an object of some sort. The Sagittarius symbol is a bow and arrow. In mythology, Sagittarius was a centaur (half human half horse) and also known as an Archer, which is evident with the bow and arrow symbol.
The Sagittarius constellation can be found in the southern hemisphere of the sky. The constellation is located in the center of the Milky Way Galaxy and is made up of some of the brightest stars, including Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Phi, Lambda, Gamma-2, Sigma, and Tau Sagittarii. The brightest star in Sagittarius is known as Kaus Australis but is often referred to as the Epsilon Sagittarii star. There are about 15 space objects located inside this constellation, including the Trifid nebula (often referred to as Messier 20), which has 3 different types of astronomical nebulae with colors of red, blue, and a dark black.
Sagittarius Under the Planetary Ruler of Jupiter
Every sign is ruled by a planet, and the astrological sign Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter. This planet is known to represent luck, fortune, philosophy, and truth. With that being said, these are the qualities of this zodiac being ruled by expansive Jupiter:
- Enthusiasm for life.
- Excel at facing challenges head-on because they’re confident enough to handle it and will use their philosophy to solve problems.
- Self-indulgent and conceited.
- Not too stressed about money or striving for the finer things in life because they know they can find it whenever they need it.
Sagittarius love being around other people. They form connections everywhere they go because they are confident, outgoing, and friendly. They are considered the fun friend who can turn even the most mundane evening into an exciting, unforgettable experience. They have a natural enthusiasm for life and a passion for trying new things. However, their desire to travel and see the world can make them restless when their routine gets repetitive.
Although Sagittarius make amazing friends, they can be a bit conceited at times. They will not hesitate to boast about their accomplishments. They aren’t shy about listing out all of the goals they have crossed off their checklist because they know how hard they’ve worked to accomplish those goals. Besides, this sun sign is brutally honest, so the idea of playing down their accomplishments never crosses their mind. They cannot call themselves modest – but they can call themselves proud.
Sagittarius: The Mutable Fire Sign
Sagittarius is both a mutable sign and fire sign. So what does this quality and this element mean for this zodiac sign?
Fire element traits:
- Brutally honest.
- Enthusiastic and extroverted.
- Will do anything they need to do in order to achieve their goals.
- Overall, their personality is intense and hot.
Mutable sign traits:
- Adaptive and flexible.
- Inconsistent and careless.
Sagittarius season is November 22 to December 21, and during this time, a Sagittarius will thrive. Another sign of the zodiac, however, will start to feel a change in the air, and love and life will face challenges that might be too intense to handle.
This star sign is intense, energetic, dedicated workers. They are highly competitive and will do anything to achieve their goals. They aren’t afraid of taking risks and love working with teams because they have the unique ability to get along with absolutely anyone. However, they need a career that gives them enough flexibility and freedom to assert their independence. They do not like to be told what to do by people in positions of authority. When they feel like they are being suffocated, they tend to rebel.
Sagittarius are free spirits. They cannot stand routine, so they prefer when life is exciting and unpredictable. They are also extremely optimistic — sometimes to a fault. They assume everything is going to turn out okay and ignore any problems that arise until it is too late. Unfortunately, since they always try to keep their good mood going and aren’t great at planning ahead, sometimes they can come across as careless and unreliable. They aren’t the best person to run to in an emergency.
Strengths of Sagittarius
- Great sense of humor.
Weaknesses of Sagittarius
- A little too honest sometimes.
- Huge egos.
- Reckless and careless.
Sagittarius Personality Traits
- Although they are honest, they also have no filter and will say anything, at any time, no matter who it might hurt.
- Have huge egos — want to be the center of attention.
- Overconfident and narcissistic.
- Inconsistent and impatient.
- Have a temper.
- Likes to travel and try new things.
Sagittarius are great with people and love making others laugh, but their intentions are not always selfless. They are attention seekers at heart. They want to be the life of the party. They want everyone to be paying attention to them – and to be praising them. This is one of the reasons why they love sports so much. Not only do they enjoy the challenge and the team atmosphere, but they also enjoy knowing that everyone is paying attention to them during the game.
Most of the time, Sagittarius tries to keep the mood light. However, they have huge egos that can be easily bruised. When they feel like they have been wronged, they have a horrible temper. Since they are so confident — sometimes verging on narcissistic — they believe they are always right. They cannot stand it when someone dares to speak up against them. Since they don’t have a filter, they are capable of saying some truly hurtful things in order to win an argument.
If Your Moon Sign is in Sagittarius…
In astrology, every zodiac has a moon sign. The moon represents feelings, emotions, intuition, and our soul’s deepest desires. In other words, it’s the “inner you.” So what does that mean if your moon sign, the ruler of emotions, is in Sagittarius with the fire element?
- A deep sense of wonder, which forces you to want to travel and learn new things constantly.
- Your zodiac is quite optimistic, and although you are afraid of settling down in love, you know that a relationship can help you grow in a positive way.
- Your emotions and your reckless soul can sometimes be overwhelming for others.
- You trust your instincts more than you trust others.
Sagittarius are philosophers. They care more about logic than emotions and are always pondering deep, meaningful questions about the universe. They have a thirst for knowledge and love learning – but they would rather travel and experience the world firsthand than sit in a classroom where they can quickly grow restless. Sagittarius make excellent entrepreneurs because they are smart, innovative, and unafraid to take big risks.
Unfortunately, Sagittarius tend to be overconfident in their opinions. Sometimes, they are blindly positive to the point of naivety. Due to their independent streak, they trust themselves more than they trust others, which can make them come across as selfish and cold. However, they care deeply about their loved ones, even though they don’t always express their feelings openly. It’s the same with their family. They value their relatives, even though they aren’t typically very close since they’ve acted self-sufficient from a young age.
If Your Rising Sign is in Sagittarius…
In astrology, we each have an ascendant (or rising) sign that represents how people perceive us when they first meet us and how we come across under a first impression. So what’s to say about the fire sign Sagittarius?
- You love meeting new people – the more friends you have, the more they can feed your ego.
- You are the life of the party and you love to be the center of attention.
- You have a free spirit and a sense of optimism that people will find either endearing or overwhelming.
- They’re honest people, but sometimes a little too honest and can easily hurt the feelings of others (especially those who are sensitive)
Sagittarius don’t have any trouble making new friends. They aren’t wallflowers who will hover in a corner, afraid to move the first move. They are charming, vocal, and adventurous, so they can strike up a conversation with anyone without a problem. They are also very flirtatious. Whether they are single or in a committed relationship, they are going to act playfully with others. They don’t see any harm in being friendly, so they never hold themselves back from giving a compliment.
However, Sagittarius are brutally honest because they care more about logic than emotions. They will give you constructive criticism about your career or your music taste or your hairstyle, assuming they’re helping you, instead of realizing that it could end up hurting your feelings. They can get along with pretty much anyone, except for people with thin skin who are going to take their little comments to heart. Although they don’t mean to hurt anyone, they don’t have a filter, either.
If Your Venus Sign is in Sagittarius…
In astrology, Venus is known to rule all things love and beauty. Every zodiac sign has a sign in Venus, so if yours is in Sagittarius, these are more than likely traits of your personality:
- You are often afraid of settling down in relationships because you feel claustrophobic.
- As a fire sign in the sign of love, you won’t be overly clingy.
- You’re fun and flirtatious and open to anything!
- Although you’re less inclined to be in a committed relationship, you are often jealous of those who are in one.
- You’re not good at making compromises in relationships.
- You’re also quite impulsive and are more likely to drop everything at a hat to travel with someone who you potentially have feelings for.
- Love with you is exciting, optimistic, and adventurous.
Sagittarius are deeply afraid of commitment. They will flirt with anyone, but it will take someone special to convince them to commit. They hesitate to settle down with one person because they are always meeting new people and don’t want to limit their options. Besides, they need their freedom in order to feel comfortable. They don’t want to be tied to someone who will expect them to stay in one place and work one job. They want to stay flexible because they never know what tomorrow will bring.
Sagittarius are impulsive, passionate, and open to anything. If they end up falling for you, then they will whisk you away on exciting adventures. They will expose you to new experiences around the globe. However, they are not going to budge when it comes to their preferences and opinions. Because they are independent and want everything done their way, they are bad at making compromises. They would rather leave a relationship than completely change their lifestyle. As much as they admire their friends who are in committed relationships, they struggle to stay in relationships themselves.
- He wants to explore everything and everywhere.
- Might be too overconfident (and cocky) sometimes.
- Enjoys his freedom, will be less likely to settle down with someone.
Sagittarius men are confident, courageous, and flirtatious. They aren’t going to pine after someone they want from afar. They aren’t afraid of rejection, so they are going to take the risk and make the first move. However, just because they are flirting with you doesn’t mean they are interested in a serious relationship. They have a bad habit of leading other people on. They might act playful, tease you, and compliment you — but they might only want you around for an ego boost.
A Sagittarius man wants constant attention. He wants to be admired. He wants his ego to be fed. However, he prefers it when a large group of people are showering him with praise instead of a single person. He isn’t going to respond well to clingy behavior because he wants to maintain his independence, even in a relationship. He needs a certain amount of space in order to feel like his own person. The second he feels like his partner is taking his freedom away, he is going to close off his heart.
- Wild and independent.
- Want to live life to its fullest.
- Very honest and will speak her mind no matter what.
- Will take on any challenge head-on.
- Won’t be easy for her to fall in love with someone.
A Sagittarius woman isn’t going to fall in love easily. She is restless, wild, and independent. Plus, she gets bored easily, especially when she gets stuck in a repetitive routine. Even once you win over her heart, you’re going to need you to keep the relationship exciting. She is going to want to embark on spontaneous, spur-of-the-moment adventures often. If she grows bored, then she is going to run off to find a new way to live life to the fullest.
A Sagittarius woman isn’t going to allow her partner to get away with murder. She is going to call them out whenever they treat her disrespectfully. She doesn’t back down from challenges, and she isn’t afraid of confrontation, so she isn’t going to allow anyone to walk over her. She has no trouble with staying single, so she will end a relationship immediately if she feels like she is getting treated unfairly. She would much rather be on her own than with someone who tries to slow her down.
7 Things to Know About the Sagittarius Personality
- A Sagittarian will never be bored in life — they are always on the go and doing something.
- This zodiac sign has a hard time settling down in love and staying in a committed relationship just because they’re so adventurous and want to experience everything they can.
- They are idealistic people and are more optimistic about life than other signs.
- They love people who are just as ambitious and enthusiastic about life.
- A Sagittarius typically has a large ego and will want to be the center of attention all the time. They’ll do whatever it takes to impress someone and make them laugh or smile.
- If you can handle their fiery energy, this sign can be a good friend.
- If you make a Sagittarius mad, expect the wrath to come out: hurtful words, temper tantrums, and an intense anger.