If you love watching classic sitcoms, this is the perfect quiz for you! It will test your knowledge of some of the best shows that have ever been on television. Here are some fun, fascinating sitcom trivia questions!
Sitcom Trivia Questions:
What is the name of the coffee shop where the characters from Friends hang out?
How many different actors played Topanga’s parents on Boy Meets World?
Five different actors.
What show involved Cylons as evil robots?
What is the name of Michael Fox’s character in Family Ties?
Which iconic actor plays the part of Frank Reynolds in It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia?
Which sitcom did Steve Urkel from Family Matters make a guest appearance on?
Which Brady Bunch character utters the now-famous catchphrase, “Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!”
The Connor family of the television show Roseanne lives in what state?
Which character becomes a wanted fugitive during the final season of The Office?
Frasier is actually a spin-off of another show. Can you name this show?
What was the name of Tim Taylor’s neighbor in the sitcom Home Improvement?
What is the name of the beautiful witch in the sitcom Bewitched?
What actor starred in Lizzie McGuire?
What is the Canadian character from How I Met Your Mother called?
Here are some more questions that just might stump you! If you get them wrong, they might inspire you to start watching a new show!
- What was the most-watched episode of Friends? “The One After The Super Bowl.”
- Which character in which show says the line ‘there’s always money in the banana stand’? George Sr. from Arrested Development.
- Which superhero had a reference or an unwitting cameo in every episode of Seinfield? Superman.
- Who was the captain of The Love Boat? Captain Merrill Stubing.
- This show featured the main character having cousins called Carlton, Ashley, and Hilary. What’s the show called? The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
- Can you name all the Huang’s from the sitcom Fresh Off the Boat? Jenny, Evan, Emery, Louis, Eddie, and Jessica.
- Which character from Big Bang Theory had a spinoff show created about his younger years? Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory.
- In which classic sitcom would you find characters called Jan, Mike, and Greg? The Brady Bunch.
- The hospital-situated comedy sitcom Scrubs had two lead female characters. What were they called? Elliot and Carla.
- Debra Messing stars as which titular character from which sitcom? She plays Grace from Will and Grace.
- What is the name of the iconic sci-fi show that debuted in 1987? Star Trek – The Next Generation.
- In M*A*S*H, what do the characters call the senior staff members’ tent? The Swamp.
- What is Matthew Perry’s character name in Friends? Chandler Bing.
- What is the name of the TV show that featured Charlie Sheen, Angus T Jones, and Jon Cryer? Two and a Half Men.
- What is the title of the final episode of M*A*S*H? Goodbye, Farewell and Amen.
- Where did Laverne and Shirley live? 730 Hampton Street.
- What sitcom features the line ‘we were on a break’, and which character says it? Ross from Friends.
- On Gilligan’s Island, how many castaways were there? Seven.
- What character did Eva Longoria play in Desperate Housewives? Gabrielle Solis.
- What series was the first television drama in American history? The Queen’s Messenger.
- Which TV series uses the song Second Time Around as their theme song? Step by Step.
- What iconic sitcom featuring a prehistoric family first debuted in 1960? The Flintstones.
- What is the name of the 70s sitcom that features characters called Jack, Janet, and Chrissy? Three’s Company is the answer! These characters are from the hit show, Three’s Company!
- Which comic book featured the title character from Sabrina the Teenage Witch? Archie’s Madhouse.
- What character was the President of the USA in The West Wing? Josiah Bartlet.
- Where is the sitcom New Girl set? Los Angeles.
- Peter Falk played a detective in which long-running show? Columbo.
- What famous 1968 Star Trek episode included a kiss between Captain Kirk and Uhura? Plato’s Stepchildren.
- Where did the show The Wire take place? Baltimore.
- Which show was originally called Friends of Mine? Ellen.
- How many episodes of Game of Thrones are there in total? 73.
- Which hit TV sitcom takes place in and around Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital? House.
- Which sitcom is based on an older sitcom called Love American Style? Happy Days.
- Which show featured the first-ever interracial kiss to feature on TV? Star Trek.
- Can you name the actor who played Thing in The Addams Family? Ted Cassidy.
- What role does the character of Harry the Hat play in the sitcom Cheers? He is the resident con artist.
- How many episodes of Happy Days were made? 255.
- Which sitcom, first released in the late 60s, features a blended family? The Brady Bunch.
- Where do the Simpsons live? Springfield.
- What was the name of the rather dysfunctional family in Married With Children? The Bundy’s.
- One of the earliest sitcoms from the 50s featured a whacky red-headed lady who was married to a bandleader. What was it called? I Love Lucy.
- Joey Tribbiani from Friends has an iconic line. What is it? How YOU doin’?
- Which character from Star Trek often said ‘make it so’? Captain Picard.
- What show features a character saying ‘can I offer you a nice egg in this trying time’? It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia (Frank Reynolds).
- What was Danno from Hawaii 5-0 always being told to do? Book ‘em’.
- What actress lied about her age to get a part in That ’70s Show? Mila Kunis.
- What record-breaking amount of Emmys did the Mary Tyler Moore show win? 29.
- What iconic line did Columbo say before he broke a case wide open? ‘Just one more thing’
- Which character from which show often exclaimed ‘dy-no-mite’? JJ from Good Times.
- What was the first-ever soap opera, broadcast in 1956 on CBS? As The World Turns.
- What is the stock sound of someone screaming that is often used in sitcoms, often as a joke? The Wilhelm Scream.
- Who was the first actor to be nominated for an Emmy for the same character on three different sitcoms? Kelsey Grammer.
- What does Barney on The Andy Griffith Show keep in his shirt pocket? A bullet.
- Which shows were a sitcom spin-off of The Mary Tyler Moore Show? Rhoda, Phyllis, and Lou Grant.
- How many hours worth of TV did 24 run for? 192 hours.
- What actress played Janet Treago, the bank secretary in The Beverly Hillbillies? Sharon Tate.
- In 2021, which Netflix drama became its biggest ever show? Bridgerton.
- The Goldbergs is set in which decade? The 1980s.
- Who has a bed-wetting problem as a child in Everybody Loves Raymond? Robert.
- Which actor on Full House wore fake teeth? Mary-Kate and Ashley, who both play the youngest member of the Tanner family.
- What does sitcom stand for? Situation comedy.
- In season 3 of My Name is Earl, the location was changed. Where was the show set after the 3rd season? In prison.
- Which American crime drama takes place in Columbia? Narcos.
Don’t worry, there are plenty of more quizzes to take! Here are some more trivia questions!
- Trivia Questions for Kids
- Harry Potter Trivia Questions
- Friends Trivia Questions
- Bible Trivia Questions
- Easy Trivia Questions
- The Office Trivia Questions
- Movie Trivia Questions
- Hard Trivia Questions
- Disney Trivia Questions
- History Trivia Questions
- Science Trivia Questions
- Bar Trivia Questions
- Music Trivia Questions
- Star Wars Trivia Questions
- Funny Trivia Questions
- Sports Trivia Questions
- Animal Trivia Questions
- Marvel Trivia Questions
- Food Trivia Questions
- Christmas Trivia Questions
- Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
- Geography Trivia Questions
- Anime Trivia Questions
- Car Trivia Questions
- Beatles Trivia Questions
- Broadway Trivia Questions
- Simpsons Trivia Questions
- Fast Food Trivia Questions
- Avengers Trivia Questions
- Lord of the Rings Trivia Questions
- Celebrity Trivia Questions
- Soccer Trivia Questions
- Classic Rock Trivia Questions
- Taylor Swift Trivia Questions
- Supernatural Trivia Questions
- Star Trek Trivia Questions
- Batman Trivia Questions
- Grinch Trivia Questions
- Olympic Trivia Questions
- Easter Trivia Questions
- Dog Trivia Questions
- James Bond Trivia Questions
- Literature Trivia Questions
- Family Guy Trivia Questions
- Cat Trivia Questions
- Country Music Trivia Questions
- Astronomy Trivia Questions
- Santa Trivia Questions