Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. In order to get yourself in the Christmas spirit, you should learn some interesting facts about the holiday. Here is some Santa trivia that you can share with your family and friends who love Christmas! Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Santa Trivia Questions:
What year was Santa born?
What soft drink company was the first to use Santa Claus in its advertising?
White Rock Beverages.
St. Nicholas is the patron saint of _______.
Sailors, children, wolves, and pawnbrokers.
Who did Santa bring back to life?
A melted Frosty.
In what two countries is Santa known as “Pere Noel”?
France and Belgium.
What is Santa called in the United Kingdom (Great Britain, England)?
What did Ralphie want Santa Claus to bring him in the 1983 movie “A Christmas Story?”
A Red Ryder BB Gun.
What do they call Santa Claus in Italy?
Why did Santa Claus need Rudolph to guide his sleigh on Christmas Eve?
It was too foggy and Santa needed the light from Rudolph’s nose to see.
In what decade did NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command) first track Santa on Christmas Eve?
How many churches are dedicated to St. Nicholas?
More than 2,000 churches.
What do Swedish children leave for Santa Claus?
According to Clement Clarke Moore’s “A Visit from St. Nicholas“, Santa is ______.
A jolly old elf.
What does Santa tell Ralphie when he asks for a Red Ryder BB Gun in A Christmas Story?
“You’ll shoot your eye out.”
What country was the original Santa Claus from?
What is the original name of the 1822 poem “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas?”
“A Visit from St. Nicholas”.
Who wrote the poem “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas?”
What beverage company started to use Santa Claus in its advertising in 1931 and has continued to do so ever since?
How many reindeer does Santa have?
What are the names of the original eight reindeer that pull Santa’s sleigh?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.
One foggy Christmas Eve, Santa needed help guiding his sleigh through the stormy night. Who did he ask for help?
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!
What is Santa’s name in Holland?
More Fun Trivia:
- When scientists created a facial reconstruction of St. Nicholas, what did they discover? A broken nose.
- On what street did Santa’s miracle take place? Miracle on 34th Street.
- Where was Mommy when she kissed Santa Claus? Underneath the mistletoe.
- In the 2003 Christmas film Elf, where does Santa’s sleigh crash? Central Park.
- In early illustrations of Santa Claus, what is he often holding? A birch rod.
- What was the name of the movie where Tim Allen becomes Santa Claus? The Santa Clause.
- Frank Baum not only wrote the book The Wizard of Oz, but he also wrote a book about Santa Claus. What is the name of that book? The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus.
- What is the special gift that Santa Claus leaves under the tree for the main character in Chris Van Allsburg’s The Polar Express? The bell that had fallen out of the boy’s pocket.
- Who had the biggest hit of her career with the song Santa Baby in 1953? Eartha Kitt.
- Where are two U.S. states that have a town named Santa Claus? Indiana and Georgia.
- Who sang the original song “Santa Claus is Coming to Town” in 1947? Gene Autry.
- What was the first name of the little girl who wrote to The New York Sun newspaper asking if there really is a Santa Claus? Virginia.
- What agency officially tracks Santa Claus as he travels across the globe on December 24th? NORAD (North American Aerospace Defense Command).
- Where does Santa Claus live? In the North Pole.
- Many countries celebrate St. Nicholas Day on what day of the year? December 6th.
- Where is St. Nicholas buried? Southern Italy.
- How many times does Santa check his list? Twice.
- What Norse god do some historians believe the Santa Claus legend evolved from? Odin.
- In A Visit from St. Nicholas, what is Santa Claus wearing? Fur.
- What does Santa give the naughty children for Christmas? A lump of coal.
- What country owns the record for the largest gathering of Santas? On December 27, 2014, 18,112 Santas gathered in Thrissur, Kerala, India.
- What does Santa’s belly shake like? A bowl full of jelly.
More Trivia Games:
If you want to take more quizzes, then you’re in luck. There are plenty more questions you can answer about various topics, ranging from movies to history to science. Explore more quizzes below! Good luck!
- Trivia Questions for Kids
- Harry Potter Trivia Questions
- Friends Trivia Questions
- Bible Trivia Questions
- Easy Trivia Questions
- The Office Trivia Questions
- Movie Trivia Questions
- Hard Trivia Questions
- Disney Trivia Questions
- History Trivia Questions
- Science Trivia Questions
- Bar Trivia Questions
- Music Trivia Questions
- Star Wars Trivia Questions
- Funny Trivia Questions
- Sports Trivia Questions
- Animal Trivia Questions
- Marvel Trivia Questions
- Food Trivia Questions
- Christmas Trivia Questions
- Thanksgiving Trivia Questions
- Geography Trivia Questions
- Anime Trivia Questions
- Car Trivia Questions
- Beatles Trivia Questions
- Broadway Trivia Questions
- Simpsons Trivia Questions
- Fast Food Trivia Questions
- Avengers Trivia Questions
- Lord of the Rings Trivia Questions
- Celebrity Trivia Questions
- Soccer Trivia Questions
- Classic Rock Trivia Questions
- Taylor Swift Trivia Questions
- Supernatural Trivia Questions
- Star Trek Trivia Questions
- Batman Trivia Questions
- Grinch Trivia Questions
- Olympic Trivia Questions
- Easter Trivia Questions
- Dog Trivia Questions
- James Bond Trivia Questions
- Literature Trivia Questions
- Family Guy Trivia Questions
- Cat Trivia Questions
- Country Music Trivia Questions
- Astronomy Trivia Questions