1. In order to move on from the past, you need to make the decision to forgive, even if the person is not worthy of your forgiveness. Because no matter the amount of pain they caused you, in order to forget, you need to forgive.
2. Self-love is the core of any romantic relationship.
3. Sometimes we get so caught up in the feeling of being in love that we forget to take care of ourselves, too. In a committed relationship, be sure to remain committed to yourself, too.
4. Once the affection stops, the distance starts. If you are feeling isolated or alone, even when you are not, stop lying to yourself and leave. You will reluctantly end up giving every ounce of your heart and soul to someone who is undeserving of attaining it.
5. There is no such thing as a “failed” relationship. When a relationship is failing, it wasn’t meant to be. Two people crossed paths, at the right time, so that they could share pieces of themselves with one another, and part ways when the time came to. Love is many things, and temporary is one of them.
6. Never, ever ignore or deny your gut instinct. Your intuition will never, ever lead you astray.
7. The more time you spend trying to convince someone how great you are, the more you discredit that greatness. Love does not force you to prove the person you are to it. Love accepts you for who you are, and that will never need to be proven.
8. When somebody decides that they don’t love you anymore, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. You cannot change their mind. You cannot force them to instantly change how they feel. And that’s okay.
9. It is far better to let go and move on than it is to fight for something that only one of you really wants to keep.
10. Being single is far better than being in a relationship with somebody who doesn’t respect or value your worth.
11. Relationships require work, but not the kind of work that drain the life out of you. A relationship shouldn’t hurt you more than it heals you. If you are constantly pouring your energy to keep the peace, chances are you are in a relationship with the wrong person.
12. If someone is willing to run at the first sign of trouble rather than work through it together, walk away. And, do so immediately.
13. Never dull your shine in order to conform to the person they want you to be. Be yourself. Don’t hold back. If they don’t like that person, they aren’t the right person for you.
14. You shouldn’t dive head first into a relationship when you still have unfinished issues with yourself. If you are fighting inner demons, they will eat you alive. And, it will show in your relationship.
15. Always love yourself more. Even when it gets tough to.
16. Some people are meant to be forgiven while others are meant to be forgotten.
17. If you rely on another person to create your happiness, you will never truly be happy.
18. Begging for someone to love you will be the most degrading, damaging humiliating pain you will ever inflict on yourself.
19. When somebody show you who they really are, believe them.
20. People are not toxic. But, two people can be very toxic for each other.
21. Unfortunately, it is possible that you can love someone and they can love you back and you can still be all wrong for one another. Love isn’t always going to be enough to make it work.
22. If it is over, then it’s over.
23. Never fall in love with someone’s potential. You cannot fill that void with potential or change the person they are. They have to want to change on their own.
24. If you can’t be weird with them, they aren’t the right person for you.
25. Cheating is a terrible thing. But, it does not make you a terrible person.
26. Loving someone and loving the idea of someone are two very different things.
27. The ending of something is just the beginning of another.