1. The trust is broken. Trust is the fuel that keeps the relationship going, without it, your relationship won’t move forward. If you’re always wondering what your partner is doing, where they’re going and if they’re telling the truth, then it’s time to let go.
2. You keep living in the past. When you go back and think of the happy memories you two shared and how you no longer have those special moments, it means that the spark is slowly dying or that your partner has changed.
3. Their actions don’t match their words. When the relationship is filled with empty promises and canceled plans and your partner is not making you a priority anymore, it becomes very painful. And you don’t find anything to look forward to because even if you do, you’re not sure if it will actually happen.
4. Your partner is trying to change you. When you’re constantly feeling like you’re not good enough, or your partner is always picking on your qualities, then it’s a clear sign that the feelings are not the same and probably the respect is not the same and it’s time to walk away.
5. You fight more than you talk. If your conversations are full of arguments and negativity, it means you both have pent-up frustration or resentment, if you can’t communicate without fighting, it could mean that you two are not compatible anymore or you’re going through different phases in your life that is not helping your relationship grow.
6. You overextend yourself but you never feel appreciated. You are always making sacrifices, you’re always the one compromising and you’re always being the bigger person but you’re not getting the same in return – if it feels like a one-sided relationship, it probably is.
7. You feel suffocated. If the relationship becomes a burden or you feel like you can’t be yourself anymore or enjoy the time you two spent together, then it’s a sign that you are ready to move on from the toxicity of the relationship.
8. You’re ‘waiting’ or ‘wishing’ that they could change. You’re holding on to the fair chance that they might change or might wake up one day and decide to put more effort into the relationship. If you are not being treated the way you want to, the problem may not be time, it may be the person you are with.
9. You feel lonely most of the time. If the relationship makes you feel lonely, then what’s the point? If you can’t share your life with the person you’re with, then you’re not in a real relationship. The best thing about having someone is that you get to truly live your lives together and grow together, but if everyone is doing their own thing and you don’t feel like you can lean on your partner, it could be a sign that the relationship is already broken.
10. You keep making excuses for their behavior. If you’re constantly making excuses and defending their actions in front of your parents or your friends, you could be ignoring the red flags and choosing to blind yourself from the truth.
11. If it’s becoming abusive. Emotionally, verbally, or physically. If the relationship is abusive, it’s better to end it sooner than later. Maybe your partner needs therapy or help but until they get that, you are not supposed to stay in an abusive relationship and call it love.
12. When the passion is not there anymore. Is your partner neglecting your needs? Did your partner stop being supportive or caring? Did they stop doing the little things that made the relationship special? If the passion is dead then the relationship will be very boring and unexciting – a passionless relationship is the main reason why people cheat.
13. You tried to fix it but it’s still the same. There is only so much you can do when it comes to pleasing someone. If you tried to fix your relationship time and time again and the same problems keep recurring, then this is the most definite sign that you need to let go of the relationship and find someone better suited for you and your needs.
14. You feel that the relationship is holding you back. When you feel that the relationship is actually hindering you from being happy or growing or holding you back from reaching your dreams and achieving your goals, or even holding you back from the kind of love you always dreamed of having, then you have to learn how to put yourself first and put your needs above anyone else’s and say goodbye to the relationship once and for all.