1. She wasn’t the one who hurt you. Don’t talk shit about the girl he’s decided to date. Don’t make her out to be the bad guy. Don’t treat her like the competition. And don’t compare yourself to her. Her beauty doesn’t take away from your beauty. There’s no reason to hate on her when she hasn’t done anything except share the same taste in guys as you.
2. You don’t want to chase someone who isn’t interested. Don’t get stubborn about your feelings for him. Finding out he’s with another girl is a sign you should move on, it’s not a sign you should try harder to capture his attention. Chasing him would only end in heartbreak — and drama.
3. This isn’t proof you’re unlovable. Missing out on the chance to date him might feel like the end of the world right now, but you cannot allow your insecurities to get the best of you. Getting turned down by him is not proof you’re ugly or unwanted or unlovable. His opinion is only one opinion. There are plenty of other people who would love to get to know you.
4. This is his loss. You need to change the way you’re looking at the situation. Stop thinking about how you’re missing out on dating him and start thinking about all of the ways he’s missing out by not dating you. You would have planned cute dates. You would have made him smile. You would have been the perfect girlfriend. Really, this is his loss, not yours.
5. This is your chance to move on. Even though you’re feeling hurt and disappointed and maybe even a little betrayed right now, in a way, this is a good thing. Now you know how he feels about you. Now you know you’re supposed to move on. You don’t have to waste any more time waiting for him to make a move or reveal his feelings. He’s dating other people so you can start dating other people too.
6. Being single isn’t a bad thing. You might be terrified you’re going to end up alone — but is that really the worst case scenario? No. The worst case scenario is ending up unhappy and you would have ended up unhappy by dating the wrong person. Staying single could be a good thing. It could be the best thing.
7. He’s not the only guy out there. I know you had your heart set on dating him. I know you feel like there was a strong, special connection between the two of you. But there are guys out there who will treat you even better than he treated you. You just haven’t met them yet.
8. Love isn’t supposed to hurt. Before you swear off relationships completely and promise you’re never going to love again, remember love isn’t supposed to hurt. When you meet the right person, you’re not going to have to go through this kind of pain, because they would never hurt you.
9. You’re beautiful. You’re valuable. You’re a catch. And the right guy is going to realize that.