2. ASHA JAQUILLA DEGREE
• Asha was 9 years old at the time, in the year 2000.
• She packed her backpack with multiple sets of clothes the night before she went missing.
• Early in the morning, sometime before 4am, Asha leaves her family home in North Carolina, despite the heavy wind and rain outside.
• A passing motorist notices her walking alongside the highway, and turns around.
• At this point, Asha is observed running into a wooded area.
• Her backpack is later unearthed from a construction site, near where she entered the woods.
• Asha’s body has never been found.”
3. TARA CALICO
On September 20, 1988 in Belen, New Mexico, she went for her daily bike ride and never came back. Her mom actually used to accompany her on these rides but stopped because she felt like she was being stalked by a driver. She tried to get Tara to carry mace, but Tara refused. That day, her mom set out to look for her along the trail and didn’t find her, but pieces of her Walkman and a cassette tape. Several people saw Tara riding her bike (which has never been found), but no one witnessed her abduction although they did see a light-colored pickup truck following her.
On June 15, 1989 a Polaroid photo of a young woman and boy, bound and gagged was found in a convenience store parking lot in Florida. The photo was thought to have been taken after May 1989 because the type of film was not available till then. Tara’s mom thought the woman in the photo was Tara given a similar scar on her leg from a car accident. The boy was thought to be the missing Michael Henley, (also of New Mexico) but that later proved to be untrue as Henley’s remains were later found in the forest a few miles from a campsite from which he had disappeared in 1990. More photographs have surfaced of a female bound and gagged, but they haven’t been released to the public. The female in the photos has been suspected to be Tara, but the boy remains unidentified.”