1. Everyone looks to you when it’s time to plan a trip, because they know that not only will you plan everything to perfection, you’ll also create all necessary back up plans for when the original plans inevitably don’t work out.
2. Your purse rivals the one Mary Poppins carried. You know to prepare for any situation, so your friends can count on you to be the one to have a pack of tissues, sun block, and mid-afternoon snacks with you at all times.
3. You’re constantly fighting the urge to say, “I told you so,” when your friends ignore your sage realism.
4. ….But most of the time, you don’t have to say it, because the fact that you’re the only one who decided to bring an umbrella, and now it’s raining and everyone is fighting for a coveted spot under it, usually speaks volumes.
5. Being realistic does not mean you’re brutal. You know that people have feelings, and you’re careful to give them your honest opinion without being hurtful.
6. You’re generally very easy-going, because you understand that sometimes, shit happens, and you’re always ready to roll with the punches.
7. You try to avoid drama at all costs, because drama consists mostly of people acting irrationally, and that irritates you to no end.
8. But you’re always there if your drama-clad friends need a mediator, because you’re guaranteed to look at both sides rationally, and help them settle their differences.
9. Your friends know not to come to you when they want affirming advice along the lines of, “follow your dreams no matter what” or “he could change,” because they know they’re not going to get that from you.
10. However, they know to come to you when they need the hard-hitting advice, because you always tell them the unadulterated truth.
11. And then people who aren’t already used to your rational ways get hurt when you don’t carry on their delusion that their chronically cheating boyfriend is finally done with that life.
12. When your friends ask you how a first date went, you usually say something along the lines of, “He seems really great, and I’m excited to get to know him more.” Even when you really like someone, you tend to keep yourself from jumping to fanciful conclusions that they’re “The One” after one date.
13. Your friends always ask for your opinion when out shopping, because they know you’ll give the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God when they try on a hideous dress.
14. Optimistic people often get a little bummed around you, because they often think you’re being pessimistic, but really, it’s not your fault that the more likely scenario isn’t very positive!
15. As a result, you find that pessimistic people tend to seek your company more often, because then you seem like a lovely, dim ray of sunshine.