1. Being unreliable. Like when they say, “Oh we should totally [go to this place, do this thing, watch this movie, play this game, etc]!” and then either never follow through on the plan, cancel at the last minute, or meet up with you and change what you’re doing.
2. Narcissism is the worst. It’s like eating an apple that looks delicious but is devoid of flavor. There is no substance. It’s hands down the worst trait I have come across that makes an attractive person ugly and unfortunately, a fair amount of “attractive” people suffer from this and I’m not sure what the cure is. It seems deeply ingrained and can be hard to spot at first glance.
3. Fishing for compliments they know are true. Usually accompanied with a giggle.
4. Ignorance. I hate people that don’t know anything and choose to not learn anything new. People who think they’re better than others, who choose to not learn about cultures or people’s identities, it just makes me mad. I can see no beauty in a closed off brain.
5. Arrogance is definitely a huge turn-off.
6. Bad hygiene… bad breath, no deodorant, dirt under nails, etc.
7. Them having to be the leader or center of attention in order to be cooperative. So annoying.
8. Twisting a situation that they caused, so it’s more favorable for them.
9. Abusing the fact that they’re attractive to be manipulative. It’s disgusting what people will try to pull when they think they’re attractive enough to get away with it.
10. Being pushy. No means no even if you have washboard abs, Brian.
11. Someone that is snobby, dumb, or indecisive. I don’t mean uneducated, I mean dumb. Plain dumb.
12. Frequent and inappropriate use of the word literally.
13. Alcohol. Some really attractive people become sloppy, unintelligible, belligerent piles of goo. Some become very ugly, most end up somewhere between unattractive and unbearable.
14. Lack of sense of humor or taking sarcastic jokes way too seriously.
15. Social media obsession.
16. Glued to phone, condescending, lack of empathy, and inability to apologize or see flaws in themselves. Nobody is perfect but if sorry is nowhere in your vocabulary then I will stay far away from you. Accountability is sexy.
17. Projecting your insecurities upon other people.
18. Racism. There are so many attractive people who if they open their mouths say some of the ugliest things. Sad really.
19. Being totally taken with conspiracy theories. So many of them are based on an attitude of, “Haha! I know more than you. You’re nothing but a sheep for not believing the special knowledge that I have to impart to you.” So often their arguments boil down to nothing more than ad hominem attacks.
20. Not accepting responsibility.
21. Smoking. This is more of a personal preference, but as soon as I see someone smoking, it’s not even they’re unattractive, I’m just not interested anymore.
22. Virtue signaling.
You know the type, film themselves feeding a homeless dude or giving him 20 quid to show “what a good person they are” or bragging on social media about all the good they do in the world.
It’s those self-same people who say that starving kids are their parent’s problem right up until it’s on-trend to help them.
It doesn’t make you good or even look good, it makes you a narcissistic, attention-seeking asshole.
25. Blaming their shitty personality on their zodiac sign.
26. Not being willing to try new things.
27. Littering, of course.
28. I’ve seen beautiful, affluent, A-game women scream at their kids to get the perfect Instagram pics. Using your offspring as props and turning what should be their best memories into sad photo ops to farm out likes… huge turn-off.
29. Being an asshole to waiters, janitors, and the like. Or just being an asshole and having a shit attitude about everything.