1. Lots of eye contact (or in some cases barely any) and a red face is usually the first sign. Suggesting things in common in conversation and light touching (ex. talking and looks at your arm and lightly lifts your shirt sleeve “Oh is that a tattoo? I have one in the same place!) Most of the time you can just tell, people have a certain look in their eye talking to their crush (compare the face they make talking to someone else vs. talking to you if unsure).
2. Laughing the loudest at your jokes, using your name a lot, always looking at you, comments on every Facebook status, likes on Instagram.
3. After hearing a funny joke and laughing, people tend to look toward the ones they admire/feel close to, to gauge their reaction. It’s not exclusive to crushes but it’s very telling.
4. Putting their palm up against yours to compare hand sizes.
5. They’re happier to see you specifically, even though they can barely hold a conversation with you.
6. Look at people’s feet. People may point them subconsciously at what they desire. Check if they have them pointed at a specific person constantly while in a crowd, or even towards the door. Whatever they point towards might be a clue about what they want.
7. When you ask them on a date on a day they are unavailable but they suggest the next day they are available.
8. When someone gives you shit e.g. gum, chips from a bag and no one else.
9. If the person’s pupils are very dilated when you look at them in the eyes and they’re sober. People’s eyes will become dilated when they get that “rush” from looking at a crush so if you notice their eyes flashing “larger” after eye contact is made, they may be interested . This is really easy to see on someone with light blue eyes, but even dark brown ones will seem “large” when dilated.
10. Big smiles and wide eyes, glances when they think you’re not looking, they look away when you see them(sometimes smile back), they wave at you, they smile, they sometimes go out of their way to run into you, sometimes they follow you….
…..and they look miserable when they don’t get to see you. But when you do get to look at each other, it’s like you’re both reinvigorated with energy. You just yearn for the other.
11. Touching. If they are touching you more than the average person touches you, and/or more than they are touching everybody else.
12. Inviting you to groups, trying to sit next to you, copying your behavior.
13. Drunk calling/texting, next day call/text to apologize for the night before because they were drunk.
14. All of a sudden they start want to hang out with you more and subtly touch you more than before i.e hand on knee, elbow jab, poking, etc.
Or when you make random eye contact from across the room and they look away as if it was a crime to stare, only to look at you again later.
15. Looking at your mouth while you’re talking.
16. Longing looks and nervous conversations.
17. Picking up your specific speech patterns or mannerisms, especially by accident.
18. They send a text right after you’re done hanging out. It could be anything from “great seeing you” to “can’t wait till next time.”
19. They make an effort to be around you when it’s usually not naturally occurring. They share things they find funny, exciting, and personal they don’t with others.
20. Always finding an excuse to be near you.
21. They stay up talking to you multiple nights in a row and fuck up their entire sleep schedule.
22. Playing with their hair. Long stares. Biting their lip.
23. Accidentally liking a Facebook status update from 2007.
24. When a girl lies down in your lap when you’re not even dating.
26. When you suddenly noticing a lot more attention from them at a party/when they’re drunk.
27. Trying to seem happier/louder/more popular in front of you.
28. Glancing at you more than most other people. Making eye contact and looking away quickly and awkwardly, smiling at you in when you cross each other in a hallway
29. Sending multiple messages before they get a reply. Offering to cook food for you, or buying you food.
30. I’d say if they smile a lot, even at the stupidest things you say or do. They could just be a happy person or in a very good mood, but when they’re just smiling just ’cause you exist, that’s a good sign.
31. If you start seeing someone around wayyy more than usual. I’m always lingering around my crush, walking past him 100 times on break. I can’t even help it and I’m screaming in my head “stop being so obvious!!”
32. Benign insults and picking on each other, but NEVER admitting a compliment for fear it would be misconstrued as creepy or give away the crush.
33. Laughing at every single thing you say. Even if you aren’t trying to be “funny.”
34. When girls play with their hair or groom themselves.
35. Typically only others can see it, but when they look at you every chance they get when you aren’t looking.