1. You catch him staring at you with that look, but only when he thinks you can’t see him.
2. After you have a meaningful, intimate discussion about your lives (that he’s totally into during the moment), he distances himself from you.
3. He always sticks around after sex for cuddling and pillow talk, but in the morning, he freaks out and leaves as quickly as he can.
4. He’s been hurt badly in the past and keeps repeating how he’s afraid of going through heartbreak again.
5. He gives so many mixed signals. Most of the time, you’d boil it down to him being an asshole who isn’t interested, but your gut feeling says he really likes you.
6. He acts bizarre whenever you try to talk about the future, but judging by the way he treats you, he isn’t planning on going anywhere.
8. He baby talks and tickles you, until he realizes how cutesy he’s being and pulls right away.
9. Even though he’s never actually called you his girlfriend, his parents and friends always ask about you and act like you’re already an item.
10. He lets his actions speak for him. He’d never tell you that he misses you or utter the dreaded L word, but he does everything within his power to show you how much he cares.
11. During silent moments, where you’re looking into each other’s eyes and clearly thinking about how much you like each other, he gets nervous and breaks eye contact.
12. Even though he’s never admitted how he feels to your face, his friends have taken you aside to let you know they can tell he’s really serious about you.
13. He claims that he doesn’t want a relationship, even though he acts exactly like a boyfriend would act and isn’t seeing any other women.
14. He won’t hold your hand in public, but everyone around you can still tell you’re together by the way he looks at you.
15. He always seems like there’s something he wants to say, but is holding himself back from saying.
16. He clearly gets jealous whenever another man tries to get with you, but whenever you call him out on it, he acts like it doesn’t bother him and says you’re free to do whatever you want to do.
17. He tries to push you away, but then he realizes how much he wants you in his life, and he pulls you back in again.
18. He texts you from morning until night, introduces you to his parents, and is generally an amazing guy, but whenever you mention how sweet he is, he plays it cool and acts like everything he’s done isn’t really a big deal.
19. Even though he refuses to call you his girlfriend, he invites you to family weddings and his friend’s parties, because you’re the only woman in his life that matters.
20. He straight up tells you that he’s not used to being in relationships and is terrified of how much he likes you.