1. You only lose what you cling to.
2. You cannot lose what is not yours.
3. You have everything you need to be happy.
4. A happy life does not require much at all.
5. If you carry the bricks of your past with you, you will build the same house.
6. The things that are in your life you have created and attracted. To change your life, choose to change.
7. You do not have forever to be who you are right now.
8. Not getting what you want is sometimes the best thing that could happen.
9. There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind.
10. Stop leaving and you will arrive. Stop searching and you will see. Stop running away and you will be found.
11. It is always darkest before the dawn.
12. When things least seem like they’re going to change, that’s usually when they do.
13. You are as free as you decide to be.
14. The only important things in life are the little things– enjoy them the most.
15. You never arrive at happiness, you just learn to live it.
16. Take caution when you open your heart to people, everyone deserves your love and respect, but not everyone deserves a place inside you.
17. The only way to find peace is to create it within yourself, regardless of the chaos around you.
18. Change is the only constant in life, might as well get used to it now.
19. We build our own cages.
20. To love yourself means to treat yourself and think of yourself as the love of your life would.
21. Chase drinks and dreams, not people.
22. It’s usually not a matter of understanding the heart, but in toning down the mind.
23. Learn to use the heart and mind in tandem, but always in that order.
24. You can’t keep doing the same things and expect your life to change.
25. The only thing you have to do to erase the darkness is turn on a light.
26. The real way you teach people is by helping them to discover on their own.
27. Great things are usually preceded by chaos.
28. People are looking to love exactly the person you are. Don’t compromise yourself.
29. “Okay” is where we all end up eventually.
30. Feed yourself in every way the human body is supposed to be nourished.
31. There’s nothing wrong with indulging yourself.
32. You deserve wonderful things.
33. The person you are meant to be with will always find their way back to you. Always.
34. Find cause for celebration each day and you’ll never live a boring life.
35. It is absolutely true that people will forget what you said and what you did but will never forget how you made them feel.
36. No life is less valuable or beautiful than any other– not even yours.
37. Perfect is not the enemy of good.
38. If you’re reading this on a computer, on the internet, you have more than most of the world does. And yet, despite this, you find reasons to complain (we all do). The lesson? The more you have does not translate to the happier you are.
39. A simple life is the happiest life.
40. People will come and go as they are scheduled to. Let them. Holding on does not affect them, only you.
41. Nobody will give you permission to start living life.
42. Signs and messages are everywhere if only we start paying attention and stop being skeptical.
43. Hope is never lost, it is just ignored.
44. Do everything with a slow pace and a lot of love.
45. Let yourself be yourself.
46. Negative feelings aren’t inherently bad, we just assign a negative connotation to them.
47. Life itself was meant to be survived. If in the process, we find time to live, we can consider ourselves victorious.
48. Just because you feel something, even if someone else doesn’t does not mean it is illegitimate.
49. Just because someone is unkind to you that does not mean you have to be unkind to them. Their wrongdoings are their issues to deal with. Don’t let them become yours.
50. If you let other people’s negative opinions take weight within you, you’ll burn yourself alive, even though you didn’t start the fire.