1. Speaking your mind. If something is bothering you, speak up about it. Don’t hold back because you’re afraid of what the outcome may be. You’re entitled to an opinion and you are most certainly allowed to voice it with no objection.
2. Saying no. You are always granted to say no without having an excuse or reason. Say no when you want to and you never need to justify as to why.
3. Ending toxic relationships. Whether it be a friendship or a relationship- you never have to apologize for terminating poisonous relationships that make you unhappy. Understanding that an unhealthy relationship holds you back from reaching your full potential is extremely important. Surround yourself with people who build you up rather than break you down.
4. Having high expectations. Although people won’t always meet your expectations that doesn’t mean you’re supposed to lower your standards. If something isn’t what you want it to be, then you have the right to say, “NEXT”. Having high expectations isn’t a bad thing. Set the bar high, always.
5. Asking for help. Never apologize for feeling the need to ask for assistance. We all struggle from time-to-time and receiving help doesn’t make you weak or incapable.
6. Moving on. Life is fast-paced. You’re going to need to let go of people, places, and things you once thought you could never live without. Never apologize for moving on from something that you’ve grown out of. Growing is an essential part of life and you will find yourself growing apart from even the most treasured things.
7. Someone else’s bad behavior. Stop taking blame for the spiteful behavior of those around you. You are in no obligation to make excuses for anyone and that includes yourself. If someone is acting sh*tty, let their actions speak for itself. Stop making excuses and defending people who don’t add value to your life.
8. Putting your needs first. When you put your needs before someone else’s, that does not make you selfish. It is possible to be compassionate and still put yourself first. Don’t feel like you’re doing something wrong by making yourself a top priority.
9. Taking alone time. We all need time to ourselves to regroup and recharge our batteries. Life can get exhausting and its’s important that we utilize our time alone because it’s not only just incredibly healthy, it is necessary.
10. Telling someone the truth, especially when they asked you for it. If someone asks you for your honest, raw opinion-give them it. It’s better to be upfront with others rather than mask the truth with a lie. (We’ve all heard that before).
11. Not having all the answers. You are under no obligation to have it all figured out. Stop apologizing for not knowing what direction you’re headed or what you want out of life. We’re all still learning. Being able to admit you do not know is a sign of strength and humility. Not knowing is sometimes a beautiful thing. Embrace it.
12. Being different. Every little weird, quirky thing about you is what makes you unique. Don’t ever feel compelled to fit into what society portrays as being beautiful. Be exactly who you are and that will ALWAYS be enough.