Whether you are in a hot new relationship or have been together for a long time, sex tends to be a “when the lights go out” thing — but I maintain — and hope to convince you—that starting the day “with a bang” is the best way to go.
Deciding whether you should try and get it on early in the morning might be a tough call. After all, not many people feel sexy in the morning. Morning breath! Enough said.
Well, it turns out you probably should go the extra mile to do all these things then have fun. Why?
For one, if your man prefers to get in on in the morning, and according to research he totally does, then switching things up would make things more exciting. Also, you’ll benefit from getting it on in the morning, from being able to skip the gym (hey, it’s a workout) to playing a part in saving the environment.
Are you not totally sold on the idea yet? Then it’s time to go through these 10 reasons why you should have sex bright and early. Good morning to you.
1. You can continue the dream. If you had a super dirty dream that your alarm clock interrupts, this is a way to “finish it off” (so to speak).
2. You can skip the gym! It’s a morning workout, this means you can totally skip the gym—complete with the endorphins and rosy cheek flush (i.e. makes you prettier).
Related, that blood circulation increase and estrogen boost is even awesome for your hair and skin. Who needs a spa when you have this sort of morning glory?
3. You’re saving the environment. We all love planet Earth and want it to stick around, right? You can do your small part to save the environment.
In the morning, you’ll likely only have time for a quickie. You can combine morning sex with SHOWER SEX (another favorite of mine)—and take a shower together. Save water and time and conserve the environment.
4. It’s good for your health. Dr. Oz is like, the smartest doctor ever and he says the best time of day for an orgasm is the morning!
5. Lets you start your day in a good mood. That’s good for work productivity and even having a good day. Just ponder all those days you’ve woken up on the wrong side of bed (so to speak) and how much better that day could have been had you started it right.
Morning sex not only ensures that you get up on the right side of the bed, but the increase in oxytocin levels keeps you and your partner bonded throughout the day while the endorphins boost your mood, says Astroglide’s Resident Sexologist, Dr. Jess.
6. It’s important to begin the day with protein. If you want to go there…it’s really important to start your day with some protein… (Get it…?).
Seriously, if you’ve both just brushed your teeth, chances are there was menthol in your toothpaste—that can give either one of you an added thrill during oral sex!
7. Many men are simply at their most “hot to trot” in the AM. Morning wood…remember? Make it worthwhile. If a male’s testosterone is at its highest first thing in the morning, which means it’s when his energy is at a peak as well. You can only benefit from this equation.
“Testosterone and energy levels higher in the morning, so your body is primed for sex. If you’re feeling self conscious in the bright daylight when you first awake, keep a sleep mask or two next to the bed and pop a tin of mints in your bedside drawer to ward off morning breath,” says Dr. Jess.
8. I’m sorry, but sex is just sexier with the lights on. It feels risqué, and all your senses are in tune, not just the “in the dark” ones.
9. Sex is a boost to your immune system. Always good but even better when you are about to jump on the subway and be around a bunch of obnoxious sick people. Avoid getting sick and start your day feeling incredible. Seems like a win-win to me.
10. It’s so primal. Snuggle up and sniff your man first thing in the morning, when all that testosterone is at a high and he’s yet to take his AM shower. You’ll be enveloped in his natural scent, and there’s no fragrance on earth that mirrors that level of turn on. Seriously, even a man’s musky underarm scent can be a sex mood booster! Try it, and you’ll believe me.