1. He’ll engage you in conversation.
2. He’ll try to make you laugh.
3. He won’t be elusive or mysterious.
4. He’ll say ‘goodnight’ or ‘good morning.’
5. He’ll text you back within a reasonable amount of time.
6. He’ll ask you out on a date, or take the initiative to make plans with you.
7. If you’re not together in person, he’ll try to keep your texting conversation going, simply by asking questions or just being interesting.
8. He’ll tell you that he likes you. Not necessarily straight and serious (though that can happen) but casually, with humor, or when you least expect it.
9. He’ll offer to buy your drink, your dinner, or something small for you.
10. He’ll initiate plans with you that don’t involve alcohol or late-night (aka booty call) adventures.
11. He’ll compliment you.
12. He’ll be interested in you, not his phone or another girl or what’s happening on the TV behind you.
13. He will smile, and smile genuinely when around you.
14. He’ll call you, not just text.
15. When he picks you up, he’ll come to your front door, not just sit in the car and honk.
16. He’ll walk you home at the end of the night.
17. He will respect you boundaries.
18. He’ll kiss you on the forehead or cheek or somewhere small, but cute.
19. He’ll be slightly nervous or insecure in a way that shows he wants to impress you.
20. He’ll listen to what you say, and remember it.
21. He’ll try to engage the two of you in things you like, or plan dates around things you’re interested in.
22. He won’t have to be drinking just to hang out with you.
23. He’ll offer to drive or pick you up.
24. He’ll share something from his personal life with you.
25. He’ll ask you something personal about your life, just to get to know you better.
26. He’ll give you space when you’re out with your girlfriends, but send you a ‘Have fun!’ text, just so you know he’s thinking about you.
27. He’ll tell you that he’s thinking about you or that he can’t wait to see you again.
28. He won’t try to be cocky around you.
29. He will be genuine in his actions in a way that lets you know he means what he says and does.
30. When he’s ready to leave, he’ll ask about the next time he can see you.
31. He’ll try to hold your hand, or put his arm around you in public, just to make it known that you’re important to him.
32. He’ll be happy, and tell you that he’s happy, when the two of you are together.