1. Lyrics. The song changed your life. No. It saved your life.
2. Dreamcatcher. You’re artsy. You love covering your wrists with bracelets and wearing hats.
3. World map. You’re cultured. Your main goal in life is to date someone with a sexy accent.
4. Celtic. You were popular in high school. You can’t wait until the reunion.
5. Mickey mouse. You went to Disney for every vacation as a child. It’s where you’re hoping your honeymoon will be.
6. Paw print. You like animals more than people. You talk to your dog more than you talk to your own parents.
7. Four-leaf clover. You’re Irish. You don’t want Saint Patrick’s Day to be the only day you show your pride.
8. An exotic animal. Sure, your tattoos mean something, but they also look sick as hell. You’re way hotter now than you were before you got them.
9. Heartbeat. You’ve lost someone you love, and this tattoo is your way of keeping their heart close to your heart.
10. Ocean. You hate the winter with a passion. You wish it could be summer all year long.
11. Arrow. You don’t want your past to destroy you. You want to keep moving forward in life. But also, you kind’ve want to be Katniss Everdeen.
12. Your own name. You played sports in high school. Every single one of them.
13. Birds. You love the if-you’re-a-bird-I’m-a-bird scene from The Notebook. You wish you could spread wings and fly away from your hometown.
14. Compass. You try your hardest to stay active and adventurous, but sometimes, you just sit on your couch and watch nature documentaries on Netflix instead.
15. Anchor. You love the ocean and you’ve been on a boat, but you don’t know the difference between the port and starboard.
16. Crown. You know what you deserve and won’t settle for less than the best. Your standards are sky high.
17. Skull. You’re a softie on the inside, but a badass on the outside. You want everyone to fear you.
18. Eyeball. People-watching is your favorite sport. You could sit on a bench and stare at strangers all day long.
19. Infinity sign. You saw this tattoo on your best friend (or favorite celebrity) and thought it looked cute, so you got your own version of it.
20. Wings. Everyone thinks you’re an angel. But once they get to know you, they realize you’re not as sweet as you seem.
21. Heart. You can’t wait until you’re married. You daydream about your wedding before bed every night.
22. Lips. There’s nothing you love more than sex. You wish you were having it right now.
23. Sun and moon. You’re constantly thinking about how small humans are in comparison to the rest of the universe. The thought terrifies you.
24. Music note. You know how to play at least one instrument, and you always have your earbuds in.
25. A ribbon. You love accessories, especially headbands. You won’t leave the house without a full face of makeup.
26. Watercolors. You’re an artist and everyone can tell before you even open your mouth. You just have that look about you.
27. Feather. You also own a pair of feather earrings.
28. Cancer ribbon. You know someone struggling with the disease. If they could handle cancer, you could handle the pain of a little tattoo.
29. Tree. You own a Kindle, but you hate reading from it. You prefer paperback books.
30. Lock and key. You wrote in a diary when you were a little kid. Now, you love scrapbooking.
31. Rosary beads. You might not go to church every single Sunday, but this tattoo makes up for it. You consider yourself more spiritual than religious, anyway.
32. Skyline. You want to live in the city you have tattooed onto your skin. You wouldn’t be happy anywhere else.
33. Cross. You’re missing someone. You know your tattoo would mean the world to them, even if they were against ink when they were alive.
34. Book quote. Whenever someone asks you what your tattoo means, you go into immense detail about the novel and pressure them to read it.
35. Clock or hour glass. You try to make every moment count, because you realize how quickly life goes by. You don’t want to waste it.
36. Another person’s name. You’re in the process of getting it removed, because it’s your ex’s name.
37. Coordinates. There’s one place in this world you love more than anywhere else. When you close your eyes, it’s like you’re there.
38. Roman numerals. You’re a subtle type of classy. You sip on wine when everyone else is chugging Bud Light.
39. Diamond. You’re planning on marrying rich. You’re in the process of looking for a sugar daddy.
40. Constellations. You’d rather sit under the stars than watch a movie. One day, you’ll live in a house with a skylight.
41. An owl. You’re always the smartest person in the room. You have to dumb it down for your friends.
42. Cherry blossoms. You want to visit Japan. Maybe even live there.
43. Rose. You own at least one pair of pants with a floral design and your childhood room was painted pink.
44. Stars. You think there’s more to the universe than meets the eye. You believe in aliens.
45. Movie reference. You’ve seen the film a million times. You own the DVD, but you also have it recorded on your DVR.
46. Puzzle pieces. You’re nothing without your loved ones. Your boyfriend (or your best friend or your mother) completes you.
47. Butterfly. You were a loser in high school, but you’re drop-dead gorgeous now. You transformed.