1. A lot of times, when you’re getting “friendzoned,” it’s simply because the other person doesn’t find you physically attractive. It has nothing to do with your personality, really, or how well you treat them — they’ll never see you in “that way” because they don’t want to picture you naked.
2. Sometimes you are going to be the friend that everyone else talks shit about behind your back, because sometimes you are capable of being really annoying and shitty without even realizing it, and your friends want to vent about it.
3. Some of the “unflattering” photos of yourself that you insist get untagged on Facebook are actually a more accurate representation of what you really look like.
4. People think about their exes in bed sometimes, including with you. Including about that ex you are really threatened by and worry that they might still have feelings for.
5. You are going to see a lot of people who peaked in high school, and your natural instinct is going to be to feel pity or superiority towards them, and you shouldn’t even try to fight it. If someone was an asshole in high school, and now their life sucks, it’s only human to feel extremely pleased with life.
6. Some people are going to think that you are the person who peaked in high school and therefore is deserving of pity/a superiority complex.
7. A lot of times, when someone starts giving you more attention or respect in life when they used to treat you like shit, it’s not because they’ve evolved as a person. It’s because you’ve gotten better-looking or more financially successful.
8. People judge you based on the clothes you wear, and will automatically think that they are better than you if they think that you aren’t dressed well.
9. The truth might be — and not for everyone, but it happens — that you went into debt for your degree for no reason, and it was literally just a waste of money entirely. And even if you do get a job eventually, it might have nothing to do with that degree.
10. People will still judge you if you don’t play that game and get a degree, even if that’s absolutely unfair.
11. Having rich, well-connected parents basically cancel out every other qualifier of talent or hard work or potential. They are the trump card of life.
12. If you have rich, well-connected parents, your colleagues and peers will always secretly resent you and be suspicious of your success, but they’ll never be mean to your face because they want to stay on your good side in case it could come in handy.
13. Most politicians, even the “progressive” ones, give a shit about literally no one and nothing but themselves and their mistresses.
14. Your ex has talked shit about you to their new significant other on multiple occasions, and the new significant other knows multiple private/embarrassing things about you.
15. At least two of your “friends” don’t actually like you.
16. A huge amount of the really shitty things that people do and say to each other is motivated by little more than jealousy, because cutting someone down is the easiest way to feel just a little bit better about yourself.
17. You might just not be good enough for that job you are positive that you really deserve.
18. Some of the memories that you hold onto most tightly with the people you used to love are things that they have forced themselves to forget about because they can’t stand having you anywhere in their brain.
19. There are many people that have created leagues in their mind, and have judged you as completely below theirs. That won’t change; you can’t fix them. They will give you many signs that they consider themselves above you, and that you should run away from them as quickly as possible, and if you don’t follow that lead and stop degrading yourself — you will only ever be unhappy in love.