Sex and the City will forever be iconic not just because of the fashion that was featured, not just because of the roller coaster love stories it, but also due to loving friendship between four women.
Let’s face it, in the real world, female friendships can be tricky. Like romantic relationships, they often break up due to things like growing apart, having a major blowout, and jealousy. Miranda, Samantha, Charlotte, and Carrie are an example that a group of female friends can support each other with little drama. After 10 years of the show going off the air you still hear women refer to themselves as “the Samantha” or “the Carrie” of their group of friends. Each one of those four ladies were different, but because of that they were able to see life in different perspectives and even if they didn’t agree with them, they respected each other.
Of course, what also made the show so great was its great writing! Yes, Carrie constantly spoke in clichés, but there were so many gems that really spoke so true about life. We decided to collect 10 of those quotes. Some of them we can relate to when it comes to friendship, others are things that we need to remind ourselves, and one is a question that a lot of us may take our entire life to try to answer.
- “We made a deal ages ago… men, babies, it doesn’t matter. We’re soulmates.” – Samantha
- “And why is it that we can see our friends perfectly but when it comes to ourselves, no matter how hard we look, do we ever see ourselves clearly?” –Carrie
- I have never been able to be friends with an ex boyfriend. I met those couples who stay friends and I think how? How do they do that?” – Miranda
- “Maybe we can be each other’s soul mates and then we can let men be just these great, nice guys to have fun with.” – Carrie
- “No matter who broke your heart or how long it takes to heal, you’ll never get through it without your friends.” – Carrie
- “Well you better be careful… you wait too long to sleep with someone and you miss the window of opportunity and become just friends.”
- “It took four friends three days to put twenty years into thirty-eight boxes.” – Carrie
- “They say nothing lasts forever …dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” – Carrie
- “Friendships don’t magically last forty years …you have to invest in them.” – Carrie
- “Women are for friendship, men are for f*cking” – Samantha