This week’s must listen song list opens with Danish electro pop diva Mø, whose debut record No Mythologies to Follow just dropped on Chess Club/RCA Victor. If you don’t speak Danish, Mø means “maiden” or “virgin,” so yeah. “XXX 88” is undeniably retro while still feeling current, and it’s so addicting you won’t be able to take your ears off it. Other favorite tracks of the moment include some bomb-ass collabs between unlikely suitors: Frank Ocean and The Clash, Kendrick Lamar and Tame Impala and…wait for it…Prince and Zooey Deschanel! Whoa, did anyone see that coming? If you hit a work slump this afternoon and are in need of a bit of a pick me up, Reggie Watts’ “If You’re F*cking, You’re F*cking” will lift your spirits. Take my word for it.
1. “XXX 88 ft. Diplo,” MØ
2. “Hero,” Frank Ocean + Diplo + The Clash (Mick Jones and Paul Simonon)
3. “Backwards,” Kendrick Lamar featuring Tame Impala
4. “Words I Don’t Remember,” How to Dress Well
5. “FALLINLOVE2NITE,” Prince featuring Zooey Deschanel
6. “Brain,” BANKS
7. “If You’re F*cking, You’re F*cking,” Reggie Watts
8. “Thirteen ThirtyFive,” Dillon
9. “Comfort,” Maya Jane Coles
Bon weekend, all!