1. You’re no longer plagued with anxiety each time you think about your future. Suddenly you realize that no matter what happens… everything will be just fine. You have a shared vision of the future and what it will be.
2. There are many things that you no longer worry about, actually. Like your insecurities or whether you are “good enough”, social media, or other people’s opinions in general. The relationship itself is much easier than you expected it to be and you don’t have the same doubts you’ve had before.
3. You have a sincere, deep respect for each other. Even when you disagree, you handle conflict without being harsh or punitive.
4. In fact, you bring out the best in each other. You aren’t afraid to challenge them because you know how much they are capable of. You only want what is best and won’t hesitate to give them the little push that they sometimes need.
5. You can’t believe how quickly you felt comfortable around them. From the beginning of the relationship you both felt as if you’d been dating for years.
6. You understand each other’s emotions in a way you’ve never experienced before. You both know how to respond when the other is feeling sad, angry, or even happy. Communication is never an issue and you aren’t afraid to have even the tough conversations.
7. You connect on every level possible; emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually, sexually, and intellectually. Most importantly… your souls are connected. You can hear and feel what they are thinking before it is even expressed verbally. The moment you see them you know exactly how their day was.
8. You frequently find yourself feeling amazed by them, wondering how you got so lucky.
9. You are their number one fan, and they are yours. The support and encouragement are endless, and you know they are always in your corner.
10. There is a textbook balance of strength and weakness. When you’re confronted by the most stressful or challenging moments, their strength pulls you through. Likewise, you are the one they seek for comfort and courage, because together you are unstoppable.
11. Being with them brings a sense of peace and well-being that is enigmatic. Their presence alone generates a feeling of security unlike anything you’ve ever felt.
12. They are your best friend and partner-in-crime. You’re not afraid to be vulnerable. You’ve seen each other at your absolute worst, and it only made you love them more.
13. You just know. “When you know, you know” no longer sounded like such a cliché. You had a gut feeling from the start and everything fell into place effortlessly.