1. You seek a distraction from your real life problems. You’re facing stress at work and issues in your family. You want to date someone new to block out your problems.
2. You just went through a breakup. You know this is not the right way, but you don’t mind getting a rebound.
3. You overthink too much. He takes ages to reply and you can’t help but think he’s ghosting you every time.
4. You are obsessed with getting into a relationship. Every person you meet and talk to, you see as boyfriend potential.
5. You fall in love easily. Today you think you really like him, yet when he ignores you the next day, you are quickly drawn to another.
6. You use intimacy as a gauge of whether he likes you. You think friendly hugs and kisses mean something to him like they do to you.
7. You lower your standards. It doesn’t matter how you and him have no common interest or no chemistry, you just want someone to be there. And he’s there.
8. You’re not over your ex or the last guy you dated. You use dating as a means to move on and forget about them.
9. You let dating take priority in your life. You spend countless nights going out on dates and fretting over dating.
10. You allow yourself to be defined by your single status. It doesn’t matter how successful you are at work or how great the rest of your life is, all you can see is that you lack a boyfriend.
11. You’re addicted to dating apps.
12. You have little to no self-worth when it comes to the guys you’ve dated. You’re willing to put up with any out of line behavior, from how he’s treating you to his ambiguous relationship status. You’re available to him 24/7 and you don’t mind being his side chick.
13. You make yourself too available for him. You’re not his girlfriend, but you might as well be. You sleep with him, go out on dates with him and stay over at his place. But you and him are not exclusive.
14. You’re not honest about your feelings. You hide your feelings and lie about how where your heart is.
15. You feel aimless and lost. Your personal life is complicated, and so is your love life. You don’t know what you’re doing half the time.
16. You like the idea of falling in love more than being in a relationship. The thrill, the chase, and the honeymoon period but you’re scared of the commitment and the hard work to maintain it.
17. You’re disinterested and indifferent to the people you’ve dated. You feel that dating is work and no one can catch your attention.
18. You view dating as a means to an end. Rather than getting to know him first, you immediately want a relationship status.
19. You’re interested in unavailable men, be it their elusive relationship status or how they’ll never feel the same way towards you. You unconsciously want to sabotage your own happiness.
20. You’re cynical about love. You’re not surprised if your date turned out to be a jerk; you somehow expected it. You expect love to fail before it even begins