1. Your worth should never be defined by your relationship status.
2. For gods’s sake, it isn’t a death sentence to be single. Instead of hating it, embrace the single life. Go out and have your fun. It isn’t a crime to love being alone and having your cake and it eating it too.
3. It isn’t cute to talk about your ex constantly. Delete him from Facebook and Instagram and learn how to live without him or her. They are an ex for a reason — remember that.
4. It’s okay to have feelings for someone who you haven’t seen in years. Validate your feelings and don’t push them away. Learn how to cope with having these feelings in your heart, and don’t ever feel ashamed of them. Sometimes, that love will never fade and that isn’t something to be sad about. It just shows how strong that love was.
5. People aren’t more successful than you just because they are engaged, or married, or with a life partner. Success should never be based on who you are spending time with.
6. It’s okay to feel lonely. But don’t keep it to yourself. Reach out to your best friends. Reach out to your family. you don’t have to stay in this state of despair.
7. There will always be another person out there for you. No matter how much you think that ex or that person was ‘the one’.
8. There isn’t just one soulmate for you. Have faith that you will meet more than just one.
9. Your first love is extremely powerful and will have a lasting impact on you forever. In the contrary, your second or third or fourth love can be more healthy and just as passionate. Don’t think that your first love is the end all be all.
10. You will meet people in your life that you will fall in love with who won’t reciprocate those feelings. That doesn’t mean that they don’t care. And it doesn’t make them terrible people. It makes them imperfectly human.
11. Don’t ever invalidate someone’s feelings even if it breaks your heart.
12. There is so much more to life than finding a boyfriend. There is so many more kinds of love than the kind you get from a significant other. Always remember that.
13. Sometimes, you will have to break someone’s heart. Don’t beat yourself up over that. Don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault for feeling a different way.
14. Love is beautiful. Despite the hurt and the heartache. Always believe that love is worth it. Even amonsgt the pain and suffering you have endured.
15. Don’t mistaken lust for love.
16. Don’t ever date or get with someone just because you feel lonely one night or need attention. It’s unfair to them and unfair to your heart.
17. Your heart will heal no matter how much you think it won’t. You are stronger than you think you are. You are more resilient than you know. Have faith in yourself and in the process of healing.
18. You will never find a greater love than the love you have for yourself and for your life. Learn how to cherish your own heart, whether you are in love with someone or not. At the end of the day, all you have is your own soul and body. Be kind to yourself.