1. You are constantly wondering whether you’re following the right path. It’s natural to daydream about the different forks in the road you could’ve taken, or about how you could change your life in the future. However, if you’re asking yourself questions like these on a daily basis, if you’re always dreaming about another time and place, then you’re probably longing for more. You probably aren’t following your heart. You owe it to yourself to listen to what your gut is telling you, to explore your options, to turn your daydreams into a reality.
2. You are deeply unsatisfied with your current life. You shouldn’t settle for an okay existence. You shouldn’t tell yourself you’re fine with where you are because it could be worse — because it could also be better. You don’t want to hold yourself back out of fear that there isn’t anything else out there for you. If you spend most of your days unhappy, if you haven’t had a reason to smile in a long, long time, then you should branch out. Leave your comfort zone. Try something new because what you’ve been doing this whole time hasn’t been working.
3. You feel like you’ve outgrown the people around you. Maybe once upon a time, you were happy with your relationship or career or friendships. But now? You feel like you aren’t a good fit anymore. You feel like something is missing. You feel like things have changed. As you grow older, your personality and dreams and desires are going to shift. It’s okay if you don’t want the same things you wanted when you were younger. It’s okay if you need to change paths. You don’t have to stay on the same road forever. You can take a turn whenever you wish.
4. You aren’t excited to wake up every morning. It takes you a while to roll out of bed every single morning because you dread the day ahead of you. There’s nothing that you’re looking forward to doing and no one you’re looking forward to seeing. You’re sure today is going to be the same as yesterday — and you weren’t happy yesterday either. You’re in desperate need of a change. You need to find something that brings out your passionate side. You need to put that fire back in your life again. Otherwise, history is going to continue repeating itself.
5. Your jealousy has gotten out of control. You shouldn’t be angry about other people’s exciting lives and wish you were in their shoes. If you feel like everyone else is happier in their career or their relationship or their home, then you need to take action. You need to stop feeling bitter about their success and work on your own successes instead. Go out and chase happiness. Figure out what you want out of life and try your best to achieve your goals. You shouldn’t sit around hoping things will magically change. You need to put in the effort. You need to pick a direction and run.