1. There’s only a 50/50 chance he is actually going to respond to your message — and if he ignores you again you are going to break down in tears because all you want is to spend time with him and he clearly doesn’t consider you a priority.
2. You actually already did text him. Now, you’re debating whether to triple text him because he might not have seen your last message or might have been too busy with work to originally respond or [insert excuse here].
3. You texted him first the last three times you talked. In fact, you cannot think of an occasion when he was the one who initiated the conversation. You’re always the one reaching out. He never takes the initiative himself.
4. You are the one who leads every single conversation. He only responds with one or two words. Meanwhile you ask questions and actively try to engage him, but he never takes the bait. If it was up to him, he would let the conversations die early.
5. You promised yourself that you would never text him again the last time you were upset with him — and nothing has changed since then (except for how much you miss him).
6. You are completely wasted and are going to end up saying something that you regret in the morning. Something that you are going to be embarrassed to read through when you’re sober.
7. It’s the middle of the night and you have a feeling that talking to him this late is going to lead to becoming another one of his booty calls, even though you secretly want to be so much more than that.
8. The last few times you texted him, you ended up feeling like shit. It seems like every time you have a conversation with him, it goes in a different direction than you were hoping and then you have to experience the same heartbreak all over again.
9. He never responded to your snapchat message. Or your Instagram DMs. Or any other form of contact you attempted to make with him. For some reason, he has gone missing in action and instead of admitting he probably doesn’t want to talk, you feel like you should text him to make sure he is okay.
10. You have a gut feeling that he is texting a few other girls at the same time and leading all of you on at once. You don’t think you mean nearly as much to him as he means to you.
11. If you text him, you know that you are going to end up spending the next few hours obsessively staring at your phone, waiting for his text to come through — and that you are going to end up devastated if he decides to ignore you.
12. All of your friends are warning you against talking to him again. They think he is bad for you. They think you can do much better.
13. Deep down, you know he isn’t going to respond and you know that’s a good thing because you are better off without him.