1. You two have been texting constantly, but you rarely hang out in person.
2. Every time that you do hang out in person, you end up kissing. But you never have conversations about what all that kissing means.
3. He makes unrealistic plans for your future and says that he’s going to take you to Disney. But he never makes real, concrete plans and says where he’s going to take you for dinner next week.
4. He makes you question your beauty and your overall worth, because he’s always sending you mixed signals.
5. He’s admitted that he just got out of a rough relationship and isn’t really looking for anything serious right now.
6. When you’re with him, his phone doesn’t stop beeping. There are clearly other girls that want his attention.
7. You’re comfortable sexting with him. But if you had a panic attack, you wouldn’t be comfortable texting him and asking him to help calm you down.
8. When he introduces you to his friends, it’s clear that they’ve never heard your name before, because he’s never actually mentioned you.
9. He doesn’t do the little things that boyfriends usually do, like text you to make sure that you got home safe.
10. He flirts with other girls right in front of you. And if you complain about it, he’ll act like it isn’t a big deal, since you two aren’t officially dating.
11. All you two really do is flirt. You never have any real, deep, meaningful conversations. They’re always lighthearted and fun.
12. He’s admitted that he has feelings for you and that he finds you attractive, but he’s never asked you out on an official date. And it doesn’t look like he’s going to anytime soon.
13. For some reason, you’re still surprised whenever his name pops up on your phone.
14. Even though he has money, he never spends any of it on you. He never buys you gifts on holidays or takes you out to dinner (unless Taco Bell counts).
15. He won’t kiss you if anyone else is in the room. He won’t even hold your hand.
16. Whenever he messages you, it’s privately. He never comments on your Instagram pictures or posts on your Facebook wall, because he doesn’t want anyone to know about your almost relationship.
17. He’s happy to hang out with you–unless you ask him to be your plus-one at a wedding or to come over and eat dinner with your parents.
18. He hasn’t uttered the word “relationship,” but he has mentioned “friends with benefits” and “fuck buddies.”
19. Even though you’ve already met his family and feel like they like you, he never invites you over for the holidays.
20. He treats you like you’re his girlfriend, but he doesn’t have the guts to actually call you his girlfriend, because he’s been “hurt in the past.”
21. He posts pictures with other girls and you can’t help but wonder if he flirts with them the same way that he flirts with you.
22. You’re not the only girl in his life that considers him your “almost boyfriend.”