1. For whatever reason, if YOU love YOUR body, it makes other people uncomfortable. Strange.
2. When your male counterpart is sure of himself, he’ll be rewarded for his tenacity and Can Do attitude. When you act similarly, you’ll just be the narcissistic bitch. Hmmmm.
3. You don’t fish for compliments. But you also know how to accept them. Why fake like you don’t know you look good? Girl, you slayed today. Take the damn compliment.
4. You decide what you’re going to wear based on how it makes you feel. Other opinions be dammed.
5. You champion other women (and men). You aren’t intimidated by the success of others. In fact, it excites you. You’re stoked to see people you care about doing well.
6. You don’t compare yourself to those Beautifully Perfect People on social media. You know that the grass isn’t actually greener on the other side and EVERYONE has *something* they deal with.
7. You feel this on a spiritual level:
8. You’ve come to the conclusion that you wouldn’t change yourself. I mean, you’ve made it this long, you know?
9. You still (like any human being) have moments of insecurity. And when those occasionally pop through, people claim your entire self-love mentality has been fake. Because apparently you aren’t entitled to a bad day every now and then.
10. Your confidence will constantly get mislabeled as arrogance.
11. And eventually, you’ll get tired of trying to explain the difference.
12. You often feel pressured (THANKS, MEDIA) to pick out things you don’t like about yourself and focus on those instead of the strengths.
13. But nahhhhh, you’re good!
14. You shake your head at the double standard that if a man flatters you, it’s fine. If you think the same thing that was just said? You’re full of yourself. UM, OKAY?
15. You feel like you’re constantly damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
16. You’ve frustratedly shouted, “Can I live?!” on more than one occasion.
17. Because seriously, damn, can you just live?!