1. They’re never going to be the kind of person who wants to take endless selfies with their partner. Something about photos for awkward people always turn out…well, awkward.
2. They overthink EVERYTHING. So, yes, even if they don’t say anything, if they like you they’re probably overthinking every little moment that has happened between you two.
3. They have a weird group of friends. Awkward people befriend a whole mess of people because for whatever reason, their awkwardness actually attracts tons of people. Their friends likely include a ragtag group of kids – some cool, some equally as awkward.
4. Most of their date ideas will revolve around being somewhere you guys can really talk. Awkward people feel like they can connect best when they can actually just chill out with someone and talk and get to know them.
5. Sometimes they will go through bouts of depression because most of the time, they just don’t feel understood, or they have a self-awareness about how they don’t feel like other people. They’ll get out of it, don’t worry, but it’s a thing that happens from time to time.
6. Please don’t ever point out how shy/awkward/quiet they’re being. That’s pretty much one of the top ways to make them feel bad immediately. If they’re being unusually quiet just ask them what they’re thinking about or how they’re feeling. They might just be daydreaming and need you to pull them back to reality.
7. If you guys fall in love be prepared to for tons of little romantic gestures. Awkward people are great at noticing features about others that most seem to miss and they take mental note when their loved one mentions something they love or want to do.
8. The (obviously) aren’t the best at social interaction so they need a partner who understands that. Don’t try to pressure them to get involved in group activities or make new friends. Awkward people need time to do things in their own way.
9. Sometimes they’re ridiculously clumsy. They don’t know how it happens, but basically they can trip over or fall over for virtually no reason. At least you can be there to catch them when they fall?
10. They might not flirt with you the ways other people flirt. Eye contact or expressing how they feel is likely pretty difficult for them. They’ll flirt in other ways. Like sending you a song they love they think you’ll like.
11. They sometimes make weird faces or jokes that no one really seems to get. Just roll with it. It’s a part of their whole awkwardness.
12. Sometimes the lulls of conversation will drive their awkwardness even further and result in them saying something strange. They can’t help it! The silence was too unbearable! Small talk is not their forte so sometimes they just say some unusual things to get the conversation from coming to a stand still.
13. They laugh in completely inappropriate situations. They don’t mean to offend you (or anyone else)! They don’t know why they’re laughing tbh, nervous laughter is just sort of how they deal with bad or uncomfortable situations.
14. They’re homebodies. They love being home! The outside world is just too awkward for them sometimes. This means they know how to have the best at-home dates, they know all the best delivery places, and the newest things on Netflix.