There’s something truly unique about the bond between dog and dog owner. Whether you’re relaxing on the couch scratching your dog’s stomach, running together, or playing fetch in the park, a dog is loyal to the core, always his or her drooling, panting, authentic self. We’ve partnered with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, which advocates for rescue dogs and neglected animals, to celebrate the special relationships that can only be forged between dog people and their trusty canine friends.
1. Having a full-blown conversation out loud…only to realize that you’re genuinely bouncing ideas off of your dog.
2. And then you catch yourself waiting for their response.
3. And generating your opinion based on their facial expression, their bark, or the adorable cock of their fuzzy head.
4. Constantly pulling dog hair out of your clothes, your hair, your sheets, sometimes even your teeth.
5. Spending so much money on air freshener and candles because you don’t want your house to smell like a kennel.
6. Spending even MORE money on organic food and treats, and then you joke about how your dog eats better than you. (But it’s not a joke. It’s for real.)
7. Not even being fazed about letting them eat a bite of your pasta off of your fork.
8. Considering letting them lick the plates clean before the dishes go into the dishwasher a “necessary” step in the cleaning process.
9. Sleeping cuddled up in a corner of your bed like a peasant because SOMEONE has claimed the rest of it.
10. Even though you’ve spent a pretty penny on a dog bed just for them, it now collects dust in the corner or is only utilized when they’re in trouble for all of 5 minutes.
11. Flirting with someone cute at the dog park, and then it dawns on you that you’re holding an actual bag of shit that you need to toss.
12. Having to shrug your shoulders and apologize when your dog barks at a baby.
13. Feeling genuine panic while WebMDing symptoms…for your dog…because they “don’t seem normal.”
14. Kissing your dog on the mouth and then realizing how gross you’re being.
15. But honestly not caring at all because it’s so SWEET.
16. Having a full-blown guilt session filled with actual remorse every time you accidentally run into them or step on them.
17. Handing someone your phone and getting a side eye because every photo in your camera is of your dog doing some variation of the same cute pose.
18. Genuinely calling them your best friend…in front of your “human” best friend.
19. Saying, “I’m sorry!” over and over and over again while bathing them, while internally laughing at how ridiculous they look in the tub.
20. Secretly thinking that anyone who says they’re a “cat person” is really missing out.
21. Affirmatively stating that you like dogs (especially your own) more than people. And being 110% serious.
22. Getting caught by better dog owners at the park while yours is misbehaving, and looking like a fool while they run away from you when you’re screaming “Come here!!!!”
23. Not even hesitating to answer, “My dog, duh.” When your S/O asks who you love more.
24. Finding dog hair in your food, and eating it anyway.
25. Moving to the other side of the couch because your dog wanted your spot, and it’s just not worth the guilt trip.
26. Loving your dog so much (like so, so, so, so, SO much) that it actually overwhelms you. And you feel stupidly lucky for having that ball of love, dog hair, and awesomeness in your life.
This Post Was Produced In Partnership With Tito’s Handmade Vodka