1. Cheer on an amateur sports team in your city. It’s just as fun as supporting a Real Team but tickets are dirt cheap. My city’s non-pro baseball team has a few dates during the summer where tickets are $5 and they have $1 beers all night. Also, until we got a new baseball stadium whenever there was a home game on a Wednesday you could get in for $3 with a student ID (mine didn’t include a date so no one knew I graduated ~3 years ago).
2. Make a fire outside. This is free and hands down, the best date ever.
3. Go through this list of questions and answer them all, back and forth. Or, use it as part of a game of truth or dare.
4. Bowling is always a fun night out, and if you go during the week you can find somewhere to do it super cheap. The bar near my house has free bowling for ladies on Tuesdays and dudes can play for a reduced price ($5) too.
5. Lots of cities are getting cheap and easy bikes you can rent around town and return at any number of vending locations. This is a great way to see your neighborhood differently.
6. Go to a park where you can feed the ducks.
7. Go to a local park and rent a canoe or paddleboards. This will be just $10-20 each at most places and beats the hell out of another movie.