The Pros And Cons Of Having An Eating Disorder
- Have amazing friendships with other girls who “get” you like no one else in your entire life does, friendships creating in these bizarre circumstances are automatically deeper than normal friendships.
- Rituals can consume your entire day so don’t have time to be bored/consider your existential despair and you have activities to do when you are anxious.
- Could possibly get closer to your ideal body type, temporarily.
- Even if you get closer to your “ideal body type” your ideal will then change to something farther out of reach. You will never be/do “enough.”
- You are mentally ill.
- Crippling self doubt.
- Your bathroom is probably disgusting.
- You will probably never have a “normal” relationship to food/your body.
- You are fucking up your body/health.
- It costs a lot of money to get therapy/go to an eating disorder inpatient or outpatient program.
- All your friends are online and/or people you communicate with through text because you feel uncomfortable leaving your apartment.
- You alienate and/or lose your IRL friends.
- Disappoint your parents (or at least feel like it).
A | A | A
Nobody actually expects you to act like an adult for a while.
“What are you going to do with an English degree?”
I’m finding it hard to muster any sympathy for this asthmatic leatherneck. Instead, there is only contempt.
He noted that during trial, the women (we made up three out of the four mockers) mumbled to ourselves in between questioning witnesses.