The Pros And Cons Of Having An Eating Disorder
- Have amazing friendships with other girls who “get” you like no one else in your entire life does, friendships creating in these bizarre circumstances are automatically deeper than normal friendships.
- Rituals can consume your entire day so don’t have time to be bored/consider your existential despair and you have activities to do when you are anxious.
- Could possibly get closer to your ideal body type, temporarily.
- Even if you get closer to your “ideal body type” your ideal will then change to something farther out of reach. You will never be/do “enough.”
- You are mentally ill.
- Crippling self doubt.
- Your bathroom is probably disgusting.
- You will probably never have a “normal” relationship to food/your body.
- You are fucking up your body/health.
- It costs a lot of money to get therapy/go to an eating disorder inpatient or outpatient program.
- All your friends are online and/or people you communicate with through text because you feel uncomfortable leaving your apartment.
- You alienate and/or lose your IRL friends.
- Disappoint your parents (or at least feel like it).
A | A | A
In love, we show our true colors. With our loved ones, we show our true selves.
1. Women already have the right to vote.
I could no longer stand the Freudian irony of killing myself by tiny increments because of a numbing fear of death.
The expectations and hopes to live “like everyone else” that I feel as an adult is rooted in more than just a desire to measure up. It is also rooted in the need that I have felt since I was a child to live a normal and happy and controlled life.