The Pros And Cons Of Having An Eating Disorder
- Have amazing friendships with other girls who “get” you like no one else in your entire life does, friendships creating in these bizarre circumstances are automatically deeper than normal friendships.
- Rituals can consume your entire day so don’t have time to be bored/consider your existential despair and you have activities to do when you are anxious.
- Could possibly get closer to your ideal body type, temporarily.
- Even if you get closer to your “ideal body type” your ideal will then change to something farther out of reach. You will never be/do “enough.”
- You are mentally ill.
- Crippling self doubt.
- Your bathroom is probably disgusting.
- You will probably never have a “normal” relationship to food/your body.
- You are fucking up your body/health.
- It costs a lot of money to get therapy/go to an eating disorder inpatient or outpatient program.
- All your friends are online and/or people you communicate with through text because you feel uncomfortable leaving your apartment.
- You alienate and/or lose your IRL friends.
- Disappoint your parents (or at least feel like it).
A | A | A
Once you’ve told someone your secrets, fears, and dreams, it’s nothing to tell them to go a little to the left.
It’s Woman’s Day In Ukraine. Here’s What That Means For The Mothers And Daughters Living With Revolution.
We are all here today because of the women that stood by their husbands, brothers, children, friends, and did whatever they could not do. We’re all in this together – in Ukraine and across the world.
I am both Scottish and British. I was born into the best of both worlds, with the freedom to switch between them as I choose. Who would threaten that? Why? Like my new friend wanted to know, what the hell is going on?
What are you going to do with this time you “save” speed reading? Work more? Watch more TV? Respond to email? Ugh. By doing this you miss out on all the ancillary benefits of reading: peace, quiet and concentration. Don’t toss that out.