35 Pieces Of Advice From A 100-Year-Old
1. Even if you feel hatred, keep it to yourself. Don’t hurt other people for any reason.
2. Don’t ever give up on love.
3. Great things will happen. God is good and will bring you blessings beyond what you can even imagine.
4. Nobody else controls you.
5. Make time to cry.
6. Travel while you’re young and able. Don’t worry about the money, just make it work. Experience is far more valuable than money will ever be.
7. There is always tomorrow.
8. Don’t compare! You’ll never be happy with your life. The grass is always greener.
9. If you are embarrassed to be dating someone, you should not be dating them.
10. Do one thing each day that is just for you.
11. The only thing constant is change, so you have to learn to embrace it.
12. Don’t beat yourself up over mistakes.
13. Don’t be a cheapskate.
14. Concern yourself only with what will really matter in the long run.
16. Be honest.
17. Communication is essential, especially in making a marriage work for many years.
18. Find your passion and live it.
19. You don’t have to have it all figured out.
20. Most times things will figure themselves out.
21. Choose the right parents.
22. Enjoy your work.
23. Don’t take vitamins. You should get that stuff from the real thing.
24. Do exercise. Just go for a walk, that’s all. It’s important.
25. You will one day realize you spent too much time worrying about nothing.
26. The little things are the only things that matter eventually.
27. Don’t take life so seriously.
28. Love does not break your heart, the other crap that gets in the way does.
29. You will never cease to be amazed at how quickly life passes you.
30. Many things are never as they seem.
31. Learn to adapt.
32. Thank your parents for all they’ve done for you.
33. Take time to mourn what you’ve lost.
34. Have a pet. Life gets lonely sometimes. Pets are reminders of how we’re all living things. I believe they have souls. Some of my pets have been my best friends through the years.
35. I’m not saying you have to practice one religion or another, or not practice one religion or another… I’m just saying that you should figure out what you believe in and live it completely.
A | A | A
There’s just something about customer care over the phone and the absence of face to face contact that gives people a special kind of ammunition to really lay into you.
“Cher’s main thrill in life is Photoshop. It gives her a sense of control in a world full of chaos.”
I wanted to tell you everything, everything that happened right before you left.
1. Some people are ashamed of their drug habits, but there’s no Narcotics Anonymous for your day planner and colored highlighters.