1. For not saying anything when I sometimes wear the same shorts three days in a row.
2. For understanding when I just need to blow off steam by punching out a few pixelated insurgents.
3. For six hours.
4. For all those times you order your own fries. I’ll share with you if I have to, but it’s better when you just order what you want.
5. For not thinking it’s weird when I sing along to Taylor Swift.
6. For braving manflu.
7. For understanding when I don’t know how to put what I’m feeling into words.
8. For all those times you weather drinks with my boss, coworkers, parents, or siblings. (And especially when it’s a combination.)
9. And for all the times when I don’t know what else to do so I just suggest we hit up a bar.
10. For not expecting me to give you whatever last thing Kanye West gave Kim Kardashian because it was a Wednesday. Nobody has that much money and/or time.
11. But appreciating the fact that I know who these people are. I do this for you.
12. For wanting to have sex with me. Really.
13. For not asking me about my exes. It sounds like a line, but I’d really rather focus on you.
14. For helping with all the domestic things I somehow can never manage.
15. And for letting me feel useful, whether it’s a jar of tomato sauce or killing a spider or borrowing my coat because you’re cold.
16. For just naturally being prettier than me without even trying. Seriously, you wake up gorgeous.
17. Any time you tell me you’re going shopping with your friends instead of with me. Stores never have comfortable seating up at the front.
18. All those times you tell me what’s wrong, instead of saying “it’s fine” and then blowing up a day later.
19. For never texting me weirdly open-ended questions that could somehow involve pregnancy, marriage, or your ex. My mind will go there.
20. For getting that sometimes I need my boys, and that doesn’t mean I don’t like you or ‘need space.’
21. For not shrugging off the little things I think are romantic. (Whether or not they actually are.)
22. For never making plans on Sunday afternoon between 1-4pm during September-December.
23. For just dating me. Thanks for that. You’re awesome. And you make me want to be awesome for you.