1. You no longer feel ‘stuck’ in your career. You started taking small or big steps to add more passion into your work and you’ve found new ways to make your job more exciting and rewarding, or you started looking for other jobs and ways to switch careers if you’re currently unhappy with yours. You are actively trying to make your work life more enjoyable.
2. You stopped settling for almost or bad relationships. You understand what you want from someone and if that person is not willing to give you what you’re asking for, you don’t try to make it work or try to force it, you just let it go and try to move on. You’re no longer a slave to your expectations and fantasies and you’ve become emotionally stronger to handle these situations better than you used to.
3. You’re ditching bad old habits. Smoking, gossiping, excessive drinking, negative thoughts,…etc. You’re aware of the habits that are holding you back from living a better life and you’re trying to either stop them altogether or engage in them less frequently.
4. You have a vision for your future. You don’t have to know exactly where you’re going to be in 5 years but you have an idea, you have a path and you have a destination in mind and you’re slowly trying to get there. It doesn’t matter how fast you get there as long as you’re on your way.
5. You have a solid group of friends. You have a few consistent and stable friends who will always be there for you and have been in your life for years. You know that you can count on them and you can lean on them when life gets rough and you know that they care about you and your well-being.
6. You’re asking questions and re-evaluating your life. You’re trying to live a fulfilling life and you’re stopping to ask yourself the difficult questions, the uncomfortable questions and you’re trying to find the answers to change what’s missing in your life so you can live a life you’re happier with.
7. You’ve accepted that some things will not work out the way you wanted. You made peace with the fact that some things will never be understood and that life will not always turn out the way you imagined it would. You developed thick skin when it comes to life’s challenges or disappointments and you are prepared to face them.
8. You have things to look forward to. You have goals, plans, trips, weddings, vacations and things to cross off your list; you’re constantly trying to make your life exciting and fill it with things you’ve been wanting to do and try. You’re hustling.
9. You started taking better care of your health. New diet, more exercise, more meditation and better sleeping habits. You’re taking care of your body, your mind, your skin and your soul. You’re giving yourself breaks when you need to and you’re trying not to let the stress and anxiety of your day to day your life affect your health.
10. You’re reading a lot on self-improvement and personal development. You’re trying to learn how to be a better person, how your mind works, how to become more positive and how to deal with grief or pain. All these are signs that you know the root of your problems, what you need to work on and how to solve them. You’re not giving up on yourself and you’re always working on becoming a better person — and this is ultimately how you live your best life.