1. You know your path. You know who you are and where you’re heading or at least you have an idea or a vision of where your life is taking you. Your future doesn’t scare you and your life is becoming more stable and consistent.
2. You learned to love yourself. It’s the number one rule to finding a healthy relationship. The more you love yourself the more you will attract people who love you too. You will also be able to make better decisions and find someone who treats you the way you treat yourself.
3. You’re not looking for a hero, you’re looking for a partner. You’re not looking for someone to fix you or save you or ease your loneliness. You’re looking for someone to accept you and understand you and you are willing to do the same.
4. You are emotionally available. You’ve healed your broken heart, you got over your ex, you moved on from your toxic relationship and you stopped making the ones you like pay for someone else’s mistakes. You know that every experience is different and you are open to fully loving someone again.
5. You’re not afraid of being vulnerable. You’re not scared of commitment or scared of letting someone in and sharing your life with them. You’re not scared of letting someone know how much they mean to you or how much you like them. You’re not afraid of being emotional or soft.
6. Your friends tell you you’re ready. Your friends are telling you that you’ve let go of all the barriers that were blocking you from letting love in and that you have changed for the better. They know you better than anyone and you can trust their judgment that you are ready to embrace the love you deserve.
7. You learned from your mistakes. You’ve been fooled before but now you know what to look out for and how to spot the warning signs before you get attached. Your bad relationships were an example of what to stay away from and who you should avoid.
8. You still follow your heart but you don’t lose your mind in the process. You understand that love won’t always be easy, you know there will be fights and tough situations you have to deal with, you know that there will be difficult conversations to have and you know that you can’t leave someone at the first sign of trouble. You are more patient and more forgiving.
9. You pick people your parents would approve of. Your crushes are all people your mom would love and your dad would appreciate. This is a great sign that you’re choosing the right ones – the ones that are serious about you.
10. You understand your flaws. You know your flaws and you know what you need to change, you know that you are not perfect and you don’t project that on the person you like. You are more honest about your flaws than you used to be. You don’t try to hide them or lie about them.
11.You don’t promise something you can’t give. You don’t mislead people or give them false hope, you don’t force yourself to be with someone you don’t want to be with and you stopped settling. You stopped going on dates just to please your friends or please society; you will only be with someone you wholeheartedly want to be with.
12. You can spot the difference between love and infatuation. You know how to tell if you like a person or if you’re just infatuated with them and you stopped confusing both of them with each other. You now fall in love with who someone really is, not the person you want them to be.