1. This too shall pass. Everything has an ending – including the bad times and the dark phases. Always remember that it’s really not your entire world that is sinking, it’s just a point in your life.
2. You have more control than you think. You can always find a way to get out of the rut you’re in if you truly take the time to control the way you react to things or ask people to help you out. There is always a way.
3. You never know what tomorrow may bring. Miracles happen every day and tomorrow is a new day for something better planned for you. Something that may not have crossed your mind.
4. Some things are going well for you. Like your health, your friends, or a roof over your head. Remember all the important things we take for granted that we truly can’t live without.
5. You will come out stronger. You’ve been there before, you had situations you never thought you will come out of, but you did. We’re always tested so we can learn how to stand on our own two feet.
6. Something good will come out of this. After the hurricane comes the rainbow. You will either learn an important lesson or you will grow as a person. Look for the silver lining.
7. Every problem has a solution. No matter how hard it looks, there will always be a solution for whatever you’re going through and in time you will find out exactly how to solve it.
8. You are not alone. You are surrounded by people who can help you and a lot of people have gone through the same thing you’re going through. Don’t believe that you are the only one who is suffering and learn how people got through their difficult times and what they learned from it.
9. Books can be therapeutic. There is a book for almost every problem you are facing, and the ways to overcome it or fix it. You can find solace in reading about your problems and the ways to fix them instead of having to explain to others how you’re truly feeling.
10. You will feel better if you stop thinking of how bad it is. Distract yourself. Get your mind off your situation by doing things that make you happy maybe dancing, or yoga or whatever it may be. We all have activities that makes us feel alive.
11. Being resentful will only harm you. As difficult as it sounds, you have to forgive yourself and the world if you think it’s unfair. It’s a long ride full of highs and lows and sometimes you just have to accept it and roll with the punches.
12. Your pain will make a way for you. It will either force you to change yourself or change your career or change your life. Pain transforms people and one way or another it will inspire you to do something great; either for yourself or for others.
13. Some troubles are blessings in disguise. It might be God’s way of leading you to another direction or taking away something that is not right for you. God has a better plan for us. We just have to believe.
14. Don’t ruin your present thinking about the future. You can be suffering and still appreciate the present. Go out with your friends, travel, try new things, and live your life like you normally would. For one day you will look back on these hard times and feel better about it because you still found ways to enjoy your darkness.
15. It’s all part of your journey. It’s the stepping stone or the road block that helps you get to the next path, or become a better person, or find your calling. Everything happens for a reason. We are meant to go through tough times to see our lives and ourselves in a different light.