Date: February 19-March 20; twelfth sign and last sign of the zodiac
Ruling planet: Neptune and Jupiter but mostly Neptune
Color: Purple or sea green
Most compatible with: Virgo, Taurus, Cancer, Capricorn
Least compatible with: Gemini, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Aries
Mutable zodiac signs: Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius
Monday August 10, 2020: You could be enthusiastic about a vision or an idea that you're certain someone can benefit from. They may naturally wonder why, if you're so excited about it, you don't pursue it yourself. But your compassionate and generous side is likely kicking in, and your advice or suggestions are bound to have this person's best interests at heart. Try to put them in the picture - but also accept that a decision is theirs.
August 2020: August is all about healing and applying new levels of self-care. A Full Moon on the 3rd influences detachment, solitude, and secrets, which could involve you keeping something intensely personal close to your chest. But the New Moon on the 18th urges you to look honestly and seriously at what you must do to feel better within yourself. Kicking a bad habit, starting a new dietary or exercise regime could help to boost your feel-good factor and get those endorphins flowing in ways they may not have done for a while!
Latest Pisces Articles
The Pisces Symbol
The Pisces symbol shows two fish swimming in unison, which represents the Greek mythology story of a fish that saved Aphrodite (the goddess of love and pleasure) and Eros (the god of love) from a sea monster. In Latin, “Pisces” means “fish” and the Pisces constellation is also associated with Poseidon. The constellation is located in the northern hemisphere of the sky and the vernal equinox (the point of the path of the sun) lies in Pisces.
As their symbol and the story that goes along with it suggests, Pisces love playing the role of the savior. They are generous, selfless, and compassionate. Plus, they are people pleasers. They cannot stand knowing that someone they care about (or a complete stranger) is in a bad mood. They always put the happiness of others before their own happiness. They will do anything to make sure the people around them are comfortable. They are much more likely to lend a helping hand to one of their friends than accept help from that friend.
Unfortunately, their giving nature means they often give more than they receive. Pisces have a tendency to end up in unfair, unbalanced relationships because they are uncomfortable demanding more from their partners. Their expectations are not high. They wouldn’t be able to live with themselves if they treated their loved ones unfairly, but when their loved ones treat them unfairly, they feel like there must be a good reason. They feel like they aren’t deserving of more, so they stay stuck with toxic people.
Pisces and Retrograde
Mercury retrograde is an astrological event in which the planet Mercury – the ruler of communication – starts to move so slowly that it appears to be moving backward and this evidently can cause a ruckus on earth. From February 16th to March 4th, 2020, Mercury retrograde occurred in Pisces and during Pisces season. So what happened and what happens when retrograde is in Pisces again in the future?
- Confusion and deception
- Causes us to question creativity
- More sensitivity
- Forces us to face and talk about our emotions and feelings
- Be mindful of your actions and your presence on social media
- When it comes to work, consider visiting old projects with a fresh perspective, but avoid new contracts or commitments
Pisces Under the Planetary Ruler of Neptune
- Astrologers believe that Pisces is ruled by two planets: Jupiter and Neptune.
- Jupiter →
- The planet ruler of abundance and philosophy.
- The Pisces zodiac sign is very intuitive and will look on the spiritual side of things more than anything else.
- Neptune →
- The god of the sea
- The more dominant ruler of this zodiac
- It causes this sun sign to have feelings as deep as the ocean and be in tune with the flow of their thoughts and emotions.
Pisces are one of the most intuitive signs of the zodiac. They are well attuned to the emotions of their family, their friends, and everyone surrounding them. They are also in touch with their own emotions. They have intense feelings and spend a lot of time crying. Sometimes those are happy tears. However, when they are tears of anger, the pain can last a while. It takes a Pisces a long time to recover after getting hurt by someone. They aren’t a stranger to holding grudges.
Due to their wishy-washy nature, Pisces isn’t the most logical sign. They don’t do well with careers that force them to rely on their mind alone because they prefer to act with compassion. They prefer to make decisions based on feeling alone. Pisces have a tendency to pursue wild ideas because they listen to their heart, and their gut, over their head. They aren’t afraid to dream big. However, sometimes they are afraid to follow through on those big dreams.
Pisces and the Water Element
In Roman mythology, Neptune was known to be the god of the sea, while in Greek mythology, Poseidon was the god of the sea; nonetheless, they are one and the same, which is why both are associated with water sign Pisces.
So what is a Pisces personality like? What does it mean to be a sensitive water sign?
- Pisces people are the kings and queens of empathy, compassion, emotion, and feeling.
- Intense, deep feelings — sometimes can be overwhelming and drowning.
- Observant and lead with their instincts.
- Will often get lost in their thoughts.
- Wants to be surrounded by the people they love all the time.
- Can sometimes be wishy-washy and indecisive about things.
Pisces are empathetic. They will listen to you rave about your accomplishments — or rant about whatever has gone wrong — for hours on end. They are the perfect person to run to when you need to cry on someone’s shoulder because they are never judgmental. That is why all of their friends run to them with problems. Pisces are always encouraging and supportive because they see a lot of potential in others. However, since they are so trusting, they can get taken advantage of easily.
Pisces can get lost in their thoughts for hours on end because they have vivid imaginations. They are creative signs who don’t mind spending time alone because it gives them a chance to engage in escapism. They love to read, to watch television, and to listen to music so they can forget about their own lives for a while. They also love to create themselves. They are artistic and have a knack for channeling their emotions into art.
Pisces: The Mutable Sign
In astrology, mutable signs are associated with flexibility, adaptability, and sympathy. Pisces is a sign of the zodiac that is considered mutable. These are the most common traits to describe the mutable quality of a zodiac sign:
- Adaptive and flexible nature.
- Sometimes you have a hard time feeling solid in yourself and your soul (because you’re so quick to change!).
- Will adjust your feelings to fit the needs of others you’re surrounded by.
Pisces are laid-back, adaptable, and flexible. However, this is mainly due to the fact that they are people pleasers. They care more about the way other people are feeling than how they are feeling themselves. Because they are so selfless, they will do whatever they can in order to make others more comfortable, even if it means sacrificing their own comfort in the process. Although they are trying to do the right thing, sometimes it can backfire on them and make them feel miserable and alone.
Pisces don’t have a strong sense of identity because they are strongly impacted by the people surrounding them. They are easily swayed by peer pressure and the opinions of their family and friends. Some might consider them gullible because they want to believe everything they are told. More than that, they want to believe the people surrounding them have good intentions. It never crosses their mind that someone could be lying to them.
Strengths of Pisces
- Empathetic and compassionate.
Weaknesses of Pisces
- Overly trusting.
- Overly emotional.
Personality Traits of a Pisces
The personality of a Pisces is quite simple: emotional. But what else is there to know about this sign?
- Hates being criticized.
- Selfless and compassionate and likes to help people.
- Great at developing emotional connections with others.
- Likes being alone.
- Gentle and caring.
- Intuitive and interested in spirituality and the supernatural.
Pisces hate being criticized and get moody when things don’t go their way. They always choose to see the best in people, so if someone offends them or lies to them, it catches them off guard. They do not see the betrayal coming, which makes it even harder for them to cope with what happened. Although this sign is generally open and unguarded, if they get hurt too many times in a row, they might close themselves off emotionally in order to protect themselves.
Pisces develop strong emotional ties with their friends and family because they soak up other people’s feelings. When one of their loved ones is hurting, they are hurting. When one of their loved ones is celebrating, they are celebrating. Pisces never turn accomplishments into a competition. There isn’t a jealous bone in their body. They are genuinely happy to see their peers succeed. They like seeing other people happy. It brings them comfort.
If Your Moon Sign is in Pisces…
In astrology, your moon sign represents emotions and the inner self. The Tarot card that represents Pisces is the Moon card, which is the ruler of intuition and feeling. So what does it say about you if your moon is in Pisces?
- Full of love, compassion, and empathy.
- Will look at life in a different light.
- Sweet, kind-hearted.
- Kinda touchy and extra sensitive, so if you hurt their feelings, they’ll hold onto those negative feelings for a while.
- Great perceptive of your surroundings and how people treat you.
- Creative and mystical and have a great imagination.
- Will be vulnerable to the harsh realities of life.
Pisces are sensitive. They feel all of their emotions intensely, which is why you don’t want to get on their bad side. Although they are not bitter or vindictive, they will never forgive you for hurting them. They will never forget what you’ve done, either. They have a good memory and a tendency to hold a grudge. Plus, they aren’t afraid of spending long periods of time locked away in their room. They would rather spend their time alone than waste it with someone who does not respect them.
However, if you treat a Pisces right, you will only see their kind side. They are full of compassion and empathy for everyone they meet. They never want to cause any harm. They only want to spread joy. This sign falls in love easily because they see the best in people. They focus on the positive. They pay much more attention to the potential of their partners than the shortcomings of their partners. They are romantics at heart. They make loyal partners and loyal friends.
If Your Rising Sign is in Pisces…
In astrology, your rising sign represents your outer layer and the way you appear to others. It’s all about first impressions! When people first meet a Piscean, they will notice right away how you move in the world:
- Overwhelmed with socializing too much after a while. This sun sign enjoys alone time with creative outlets (like music or books).
- Likes to laugh and will try to make others laugh too.
- Very caring and empathetic.
- Will go with the flow and adapt to certain environments.
Pisces are good at making friends because they genuinely care about the well-being of other people. It’s obvious that they aren’t playing pretend when they offer advice or lend a helping hand. They are authentic, honest souls. Plus, they love making other people laugh. They aim to bring happiness wherever they go. They cannot stand seeing someone upset and will always act as a shoulder to lean on. They are there whenever their friends need them.
However, Pisces cannot handle too much socialization at once. As much as they appreciate communicating with other people, they need time to themselves. After a big party or a long week at work, they need time to reset. They often do this by putting in earbuds and blasting their favorite music or by reading a book and getting lost in a fantasy world. Pisces are suckers for escapism. They love being able to daydream about other people and places.
If Your Venus Sign is in Pisces…
In astrology, the Venus sign represents love, affection, and beauty. So what does it mean if you have a water element in a sign of love?
- Playful and charming.
- Romantic and will feed into the concept of being a knight in shining armor.
- Kind and compassionate.
- Will sacrifice things if it means their loved ones will be happy and at peace.
Pisces love playing the role of the knight in shining armor. They will sacrifice anything and everything in order to support the person they love the most. They believe that if they care about someone, they should be willing to go to the end of the earth for that person. However, sometimes this dramatic way of thinking can hurt them. They are highly susceptible to ending up in toxic relationships where the other person barely lifts a finger. There’s a chance they could end up accepting far less than they deserve.
Pisces rarely stop to consider the worst-case scenario before entering a new situation. They are dreamers, so it’s much more likely that they will think about everything that could go right. They have faith everything is going to turn out okay in the end, so it’s easy for them to go with the flow. They don’t stress over small things. However, since they are so positive, sometimes they are unprepared for the reality of a situation. Sometimes they don’t realize what they are getting themselves into.
- Lives to please and love others.
- Gentle and compassionate.
- Loves to laugh and will do/say things to make you laugh with him.
- Battles his emotions internally.
Pisces men are going to prioritize your happiness over their own. They are going to do anything they can to cheer you up when you are upset, and they are going to cheer you on whenever you celebrate an accomplishment. These men will try their hardest to make you laugh, because there is nothing they love more than seeing a smile on your face. The last thing they want is to be the reason why you are upset, so they will never stop putting effort into the relationship. They will never stop expressing how much they care.
Pisces men live to please others, so they aren’t going to be annoyed when you ask them for help with a favor. In fact, they would be more uncomfortable if you didn’t need them for anything. They like feeling helpful. They like saving the day. Of course, they don’t want their kindness to get taken advantage of by the wrong people. They don’t want to offer love without getting even a little bit of love in return.
- Kind, compassionate, selfless.
- If you want to win the heart of this woman, be romantic, and have a sense of humor.
- She’ll be quick to open her heart and show her feelings, but if you hurt her, she’s not the type to forgive and forget.
- Intuitive and interested in the supernatural.
Pisces women are romantic. Although they would never come right out and ask for jewelry or flowers or a homemade meal, they would be excited to receive any gift. They would appreciate it more than words can describe. These women also love to laugh. They don’t want a partner who takes themselves too seriously and they don’t want a partner who complains too much. They want to be with someone who will let loose and have fun on a daily basis.
Pisces women are trusting. Sometimes they are too trusting. They will believe every word that comes out of your mouth. They will assume you have their best interest in heart — unless you prove otherwise. If you blatantly hurt them, then they aren’t going to forgive you. They aren’t going to accept your apology and move on as if everything is perfectly fine. If you break their trust, you will probably lose them forever because they aren’t going to forget what you’ve done anytime soon.
7 Things to Know About the Pisces Person in Your Life
- It’s the Pisces energy to be very intuitive and imaginative and will be very spiritually in tune.
- Pisces sometimes have trouble distinguishing between a dream and reality.
- They are so compassionate and empathetic that they will oftentimes put others’ needs before their own.
- This zodiac sign are romantics and will prefer long-term relationships.
- A Pisces person will be extra-sensitive so if someone hurts their feelings, they’ll hold on to those negative emotions for a while. They’re not too quick to forgive and forget!
- Their kindness might get taken advantage of and because of that, they’re picky about the people they let into their life.
- Some people might believe this sign to be lost and just aimlessly drift around (they are dreamers, after all) – a Pisces just wants someone to understand this quality and keep them grounded if need be.