Date: January 20-February 18 eleventh sign of the zodiac
Ruling planet: Uranus and Saturn
Color: Light blue/gray/silver
Most compatible with: Leo, Sagittarius, Aries, Gemini, Libra, Virgo
Least compatible with: Taurus, Scorpio, Cancer
Fixed zodiac signs: Scorpio, Taurus, Leo
Wednesday July 8, 2020: Defensiveness doesn't need much encouragement. But sometimes, it's the element of surprise that throws our foes off guard the most. They find themselves reassessing their strategy in the light of an unanticipated response. If you really want to shock someone, respond caringly and compassionately. Then, see what you receive in return.
July 2020: You're likely to become increasingly aware of the contribution you can make to a particular area. If your current efforts make you feel dissatisfied or unappreciated, then that could change this month. You have talents or skills that could be put to better use elsewhere or in new ways. But try to ensure that your efforts to change whatever feels unsatisfactory or imbalanced remain consistent until after the 20th. You could find a reason to feel reassured and optimistic presents itself then.
Latest Aquarius Articles
- Aquarius and Gemini: Compatibility in Friendship, Sex, and Love
- Aquarius and Leo: Compatibility in Sex, Love, and Friendship
- Aquarius and Cancer: Compatibility in Sex, Love, and Friendship
- Aquarius and Scorpio: Compatibility in Sex, Love, and Friendship
- What Saturn’s Shift To Aquarius Means For Each Zodiac Sign
The Aquarius Symbol
The Aquarius symbol is a water bearer, representing the flow of energy. This constellation looks like two ocean waves and represents an Aquarius energy and flow of progressive, forward-thinking. “Aquarius”, in Latin, means “water-carrier”, which makes sense because this constellation is surrounded by other constellations with water attributes, like Pisces (the fish) and Cetus (the whale). The Aquarius symbol can be found in the northern hemisphere in the winter months and in the southern hemisphere during the spring months.
In Greek mythology, Ganymede, a young prince, was tending to sheep one day when Zeus spotted him and took him to be his servant. He wanted Ganymede to be his cup-bearer, always serving him with water and wine of the gods. After some time, Ganymede had enough – he refused to continue to do this and so he poured out all of the drinks to fall to earth. And if you have an Aquarius in your life, you know that they can be quite rebellious and independent like Ganymede.
Aquarius and Mercury Retrograde
On February 16th 2020, Mercury retrograde started at the end of Aquarius season. Retrograde is when a planet starts to move so slowly that it almost appears to be moving backwards. The planet Mercury is the ruler of communication, contracts, and travel, and when it goes into retrograde, it’s a bad time for travel, moving, or buying a new car. With Mercury retrograde in Aquarius, there’s restlessness, rebellion, and the desire to break free and be independent. This will happen again in 2021 and 2022.
A Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius:
A lunar eclipse occurs every 6 months and only on the night of a full moon when the moon moves into the Earth’s shadow. An eclipse is more than just an astronomical event, but it’s astrological too.
In terms of astrology, the moon will rotate around the zodiac and the orbit will correspond with the lunar nodes of our birth charts (south and north nodes). Lunar nodes symbolize our past and future and going through an eclipse can reveal a lot about our destiny.
So what does this mean if a lunar eclipse occurs in Aquarius?
- More inclination to claim self-responsibility and integrity.
- Utilization of privilege and taking action.
- Acknowledgement of the voices in our conscious.
- Discovery of greater wholeness, internally and externally.
Aquarius’ Tarot Card: The Star
The Aquarius zodiac sign is represented by The Star, the Tarot card that represents inspiration, peace, hope, and promising opportunities. It depicts a woman pouring water into water and into the earth with one foot in the water and one foot on land. This card represents how this star sign provides nourishment, hope, and peace for the future. If you receive this card, you are being guided in the right direction and towards hope, peace, and healing.
Aquarius want to change the world. They have hope that tomorrow is going to be better than today – but they aren’t blindly optimistic that things will change. They actively try to enact change. They are humanitarians with a strong sense of justice who believe everyone deserves peace, comfort, and safety. This sign tries their hardest to make a positive impact on the world every single day, even if it means they are helping one person at a time.
Since Aquarius are dreamers with one foot on water and one foot on land, they can get distracted easily. They live in their own head. They commonly get swept away by daydreams and forget to pay attention to the person in front of them. This can make them come across as aloof, even though they care much more about others than they care about themselves. Their main goal in life is to help others and fight for causes they believe in.
Aquarius Under the Planetary Ruler of Uranus
Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the only planet that spins on its side, which is fitting because Aquarius people like to be original and progressive and forward thinkers and appreciative of individuality.
If you’re an Aquarian, these are some things you should know about the ruling of Uranus and how it might have an effect on your personality or how you look at life:
- You have the principles of individuality, discoveries, and new beginnings.
- With your drive and intelligence, you have the ability to create change.
- Although you might come across as aloof, you like to change the game and show people that really you’re super friendly, accepting, and fun.
Aquarius are highly intelligent. They are deep, philosophical thinkers who won’t walk away when something goes wrong. Since they love to problem solve, they will find a way to fix the issue instead of giving up hope. Even when times are tough, they never lose faith in humanity or themselves. They are not quitters. They are persistent, dedicated, and passionate about everything they set their heart on doing. They won’t walk away from a cause that matters to them. They’ll have to be dragged away.
Aquarius are shy when you first meet them, but once they open up to you, they are friendly, accepting, and fun. They make wonderful, lifelong friends because they are open-minded and good at listening to opinions that differ from their own. While they go with the flow at parties, they can also hold weighty conversations about deep topics. However, they will only act emotionally intimate with people they can trust, so they aren’t going to be uncensored around you until they know you well.
Aquarius: The Fixed Air Sign
Every sign of the zodiac takes on an element and a quality. An Aquarius star sign has the air element and the fixed quality. But what does that mean?
As a fixed sign, you are:
- A leader → If you have a goal in mind, you follow through on it, no matter the consequences. With the Aquarian qualities of intelligence, persistence, and inflexibility, you will go the distance and create change if it doesn’t suit your lifestyle.
- Stubborn yet persistent. → Some might say you’re a creature of habit because although you are quite persistent and a go-getter, you are also quite stubborn and inflexible at times. You might rebel against others just to get the things you want.
As an air sign, you are:
- A breath of fresh air → People like being around you not only because you’re a great friend, but also because of your individuality and free spirit.
- A great conversationalist. → You love intellect and expanding ideas with others to create change and new movements.
Aquarius are free spirits. Although they have a wide circle of friends, they tend to consider themselves loners. This is because they won’t change their morals or lower their standards in order to please anyone. They will stubbornly stick to their beliefs, even if it costs them friendships. Since they value justice more than individual relationships, they try not to grow too attached to anyone. They try to rely on themselves.
Some people might consider Aquarius eccentric because of their strong sense of self. They don’t care about fitting in with their peers. They will wear what they want and fight for what they want without worrying about how it looks to the outside world. Plus, they aren’t afraid to rebel and go against the status quo when they feel like the rest of the world is wrong. They embrace their uniqueness instead of being embarrassed by it.
Strengths of Aquarius
Weaknesses of Aquarius
- Not great at emotional expression.
- A bit strange at times.
The Personality Traits of an Aquarius
These are the traits that would describe an Aquarius personality. If you have a friend with this zodiac sign or have this sun sign in their chart somewhere or have Aquarius energy, you might notice a few characteristics:
- Born shy but are eccentric when they’re comfortable enough to be.
- The kind of person you can have an intellectual conversation with.
- Doesn’t like when people disagree with them.
- Hates being alone.
- Easy for them to adapt to their environments.
- Great problem solvers.
Aquarius are able to adapt to new environments quickly. They don’t sweat the small stuff and are able to go with the flow when faced with unexpected circumstances. Since they are so flexible, and since they are such skilled problem solvers, they are able to handle anything that is thrown at them. They don’t get stressed whenever something small goes wrong, the way that other signs might. They are able to look at the big picture instead of getting distracted by every little speedbump.
Although Aquarius need alone time every once in a while, so they can recharge, they won’t want to be alone for long periods of time. This is partially because they feel their emotions in extremes. When they are happy, they feel like everything is right with the world. However, when they are lonely, they feel like the world is falling apart and they will never experience happiness again. Although they pride themselves on being analytical, their emotions can make it hard for them to think logically in times of distress.
If Your Moon Sign is in Aquarius…
In astrology, your moon sign represents our “inner selves”, including emotion and feeling. The Aquarius zodiac is known to be independent and distant.
So what does that mean for your moon in Aquarius?
- You are known to have a strange or “otherworldly” personality because of your innovative ideas and strong desire to rebel and seek change in all aspects of life.
- You lead with the head more than the heart and you will oftentimes try and rationalize your feelings. Love and relationships can sometimes be a challenge for you because of this.
- You’re distant and have a hard time expressing your emotions.
- You’re a free-spirit and don’t like to be tied down.
Aquarius don’t like to be tied down. They need a certain amount of freedom and privacy, even when they are in serious relationships. Otherwise, they are going to feel like their potential is being limited. They also need to be challenged by their partners. They will get bored if they aren’t stimulated mentally. They need to date someone who will have fun with them but will also discuss important issues with them and make sure they are constantly growing.
Aquarius have a hard time expressing their emotions. They keep their guard high because they are reluctant to open up to anyone who might betray their trust. However, once they get to know you better, they are going to let you see their vulnerable side. Although they have a hard time expressing emotions, they communicate well when it comes to their ideas. In fact, they work better in teams than on their own because they thrive on community. They love being around other people.
If Your Rising Sign is in Aquarius…
In astrology, we each have a rising zodiac sign, which represents first impressions. To figure out your rising sign, check your birth chart to determine your sun sign, what time you were born, and where you were born.
So what does it mean if your rising sign is in Aquarius? How do people see you when they first meet you?
- You have a sharp intellect and can hold conversations with people.
- You are quite unpredictable; although you can be social, you’ll also just disappear and leave when you’re not in the mood anymore. This is your free-spirit energy!
- You don’t mind being social and adapting to the environments you are in, but you prefer to stand out from the crowd in one way or another.
- You’re a decisive individual. You know what you want and you’ll go get it — you’ll be a leader even if you don’t have many followers.
Aquarius are visionaries with a strong sense of self. They know exactly what they want out of life and will not stop until their dreams become a reality. They are persistent and passionate, so they do not allow minor inconveniences to set them off their path. It’s easy for them to stand by their values because those values do not change. They are stubborn and set in their ways.
Aquarius can come across as unreliable because they’re so unpredictable. It’s hard to tell what they are thinking or what they’re about to say next in a conversation. Of course, their free-spirited attitude is why they’re so laid-back all the time. They couldn’t care less about the opinions of others. Aquarius aren’t going to go out of their way in order to fit in with the crowd because they would rather stand out. They would rather be unique and quirky.
If Your Venus Sign is in Aquarius…
In astrology, we each have a zodiac sign that represents our “Venus” sign. Venus is the planetary ruler of all things beauty, love, and attraction. Your Venus sign will show how you go about relationships and loving others. So what does it mean if your Venus sign is in Aquarius?
- You’re free-spirited and independent and you don’t like to be tied down.
- With the Aquarian “fixed” quality, you are quite stubborn and inflexible. If you find yourself in a relationship, you want that partner to be able to handle that side of you.
- You are more of a thinker than a feeler; you tend to lead with your head more than your heart.
- You want someone who will challenge you intellectually.
- You want a lover who is also your friend.
Friendship is incredibly important to an Aquarius. They don’t want to get into a relationship with someone unless they connect with that person on an emotional level as well as a physical one. If they are going to be spending most of their time with this person, they want to be able to have deep, meaningful conversations that go deeper than the surface level. They want to be challenged, and stimulated, intellectually. Otherwise, the bond is never going to last.
Before getting into a relationship with an Aquarius, you should be aware of their stubborn side. Although they are open-minded when it comes to listening to diverse opinions from friends, family, and strangers, they know what they personally want. They know what they believe. They have a strict set of morals that aren’t up for debate. You are not going to be able to change their mind overnight. They are going to stick to their opinions.
- Social but independent.
- Great at communication, but not the best at expressing their feelings or showing emotions.
- Sometimes unreliable and stubborn.
- If you want to be in a relationship with him, be his friend first.
- Will live inside his mind and his thoughts.
Aquarius men aren’t going to reveal what they are thinking, even though their mind is always occupied with something. It will be clear by the distant look in their eyes that they aren’t actually present. These men will often get carried away by their daydreams and will lose track of whatever conversation they are having. This might make it seem like they are distant and aloof, but they aren’t trying to hurt your feelings. Their minds have a tendency to wander.
Aquarius men aren’t going to rush into a commitment. When they enter a relationship, they move slowly. They need to know they can trust you before they open up to you. That is why it’s in your best interest to become friends with him first. Once you develop a relationship built on honesty, trust, and communication, he will feel more comfortable sharing intimate details of his life with you. He will eventually show you his vulnerable side – but you have to remain patient.
- Independent, so don’t be pushy with her.
- Free-spirited, so expect inconsistency.
- Has a practical outlook on life.
- Get her attention by standing out from the crowd — she will love to be independent and will appreciate it.
Aquarius women are independent. They don’t need a relationship in order to feel fulfilled. Their main goal is to create a better world by helping others, and they can do that just as easily alone as they can while in a relationship. Since she is completely comfortable on her own, you don’t want to overwhelm her with your emotions. You don’t want to act too clingy too quickly. If she starts to feel like she is trapped emotionally, then she is going to get the urge to run away.
Aquarius women never blend in with the crowd – and they don’t want their partners to blend in, either. If you want to draw attention to yourself, then you need to stop caring what everyone else thinks and embrace whatever makes you unique. After all, Aquarius women want to settle down with someone as free-spirited as they are. They would never expect their partners to put on an act in order to impress them. They would rather see the truth.
Aquarius and the Sixth House
In astrology, the “sixth house” of our natal chart represents health, duties, and our environment.
So what does it mean if your chart tells you that Aquarius is in the sixth house?
- Although you are quite stubborn and inflexible, you are such a progressive, forward-thinker that you will be open to change and new opportunities.
- You’re optimistic about the future and you’re always looking for new and exciting projects that require innovative and creative thinking.
- You like to go-go-go and won’t notice when you’re exhausted or overworked.
You are an optimist. You believe good things are in store, so you always try to keep your head up. Even more importantly, you try to spread that positivity to everyone around you. You don’t want anyone to feel like their future is hopeless. You don’t want anyone to lose faith. You try your best to make a difference in your community and the world as a whole. You try your best to inspire change.
When it comes to your own goals, you keep going and going until you accomplish whatever you’ve set out to do. You’re a hard worker who would rather exert effort than rest. You actually prefer it when you’re busy because too much downtime makes you restless. Since you don’t like to let yourself relax, sometimes you don’t even notice that you’re about to burn out until it’s too late. You keep going and going until you run out of steam.
7 Things to Know About the Aquarius Person in Your Life
- Quite idealistic and imaginative and will oftentimes have their head in the clouds.
- Head > Heart.
- Don’t like when others tell them how to act or think – they like to be original and eccentric
- They are free-spirits who don’t like to be tied down in jobs or relationships.
- They appreciate small acts of kindness.
- Although they are quite reserved with their emotions, know that when they like you, they will want to be around you and will hold conversations with you.
- Even if they have a calm, cool, and collected exterior, they are very witty and clever and this side of them will come out when you least expect it.