1. In 2013, an 8-year-old girl sent a balloon up to heaven with a note for her grandma who passed away a year earlier. Four months after the balloon launch, she received something in the mail.
2. Liv Tyler’s stunt double became attached to a horse that she rode on during the filming of The Lord of the Rings. Viggo Mortensen found out that the stuntwoman wanted to purchase the horse, but didn’t have the money to do so. He bought the horse and gave it to her, for free.
3. A South Korean minister is bringing abandoned babies off the streets and into his orphanage.
4. Carnival Cruise Lines sent three cruise ships to house the displaced after Hurricane Katrina.
6. On September 11, 2001, the Queen’s Guard performed the American National Anthem outside Buckingham Palace, to show solidarity in the midst of the worst terrorist attack on US soil.
7. James Doohan received a fan letter from a young woman, which turned out to be a suicide letter. He invited the woman to a convention and to another convention, and another one. It went on for some time until she stopped showing up. Eight years later, he received a letter from the woman, and it was a thank you letter.
8. Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly cut and signed a check for a deceased Marine’s father to cover the man’s legal fees against the Westboro Baptist Church.
9. A girl’s dying wish was to see Pixar’s Up, but it wasn’t out for DVD yet. Pixar, being the great company they are, granted her wish, and gave her a private showing of the movie. She died seven hours later.
10. A man saved over 2 million lives with his blood. He has been donating blood for more than half a century.
11. An 8-year-old sang the National Anthem at a hockey game, but the microphone cut out. The crowd helped her finish.
12. This retired Japanese police officer organized a volunteer force prevent to-be suicide victims from jumping from cliffs. He and his organization have saved more than 200 lives to date.
13. The internet sent a 2-year-old girl with cancer boxes of pizza, after her mother put up “Please send pizza” sign up as a joke.
14. A police officer bought groceries for a struggling mother, who was caught shoplifting to feed her children.