1. It’s okay that you had pizza rolls and Kool-Aid for dinner last night because you totally paid the cable bill on time this month.
2. Anyone who judges you for binge-watching all the seasons of ‘Hey Arnold’ last weekend is just jealous of your amazing life choices.
3. There are almost more board and video games aimed towards grown-ups than kids these days and that’s awesome.
4. Technology these days makes things AMAZING because in the past you had to remember lame things like directions to places and recipes and now it’s all in your phone — so you can use your brain power for better stuff!
5. Capri Suns are still as delicious as they have always been and you can buy as many as you want.
6. No one actually understands how finances/taxes/insurance policies work, we’re all just flying by the seat of our pants here.
7. YouTubing a ton of old toy commercials from your childhood is a perfectly legitimate way to spend your downtime.
8. Shower beers are always an option — ALWAYS.
9. No matter what happens with the Presidential election, things will be okay… probably.
10. It’s all right that your friends have kids and it’s also all right that you totally want/absolutely do not want kids.
11. Also, dogs/cats/chinchillas rule, and you can have those as roommates if you feel like it!
12. Some days are harder than others.
13. You know, you can still totally run through a sprinkler during the summer if you want to.
14. Feel free to cry during kids’ movies because honestly they’re way better than they used to be and [PIXAR SPOILER ALERT] let’s face it, Bing Bong’s exit from Riley’s mind is the most heartbreaking thing ever.
15. Just because you’re “grown up” doesn’t mean you can’t have a sleepover, whether it’s with your friends or your significant other.
16. Fruit snacks are a perfectly viable… snack.
17. You continue to exist and thrive every day, despite your inner doubts and worries.
18. McNuggets are NOT just for children and that’s why they come in a 20-pack and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
19. You think you were awesome at that NES/SNES/N64 game as a kid, well, give it another shot and see how amazing you can be today.
20. It’s okay if you find adulting hard, because most of us do, and that keeps things interesting.