1. You are kind to yourself.
2. You apologize when you screw up.
3. And then you fix your mistake and keep going.
4. You’re always trying to learn a little more, explore a little more, read a little more, say “thanks” a little more, relax a little more.
5. You make an effort to ensure that your judgment is not clouded by arrogance or cockiness.
6. But you also know how and when it is appropriate to stick up for yourself.
7. Although it’s still a struggle every day, you’re learning to derive value more from who you are than what you look like.
8. And you try to do the same thing with other people – to learn who they are instead of focusing on their appearance.
9. You always show up, no matter what.
10. You make a conscious effort to avoid gossip, as tempting as it is to participate in it or instigate it.
11. You’re putting good things into your body. Less alcohol, better food.
12. You try to remember that every single person you encounter is a complicated being with many different sides to them – good and bad.
13. And you especially try to remember this when you really, really don’t like someone.
14. You understand that being busy does not equate to being happy, or being better than someone else.
15. You look people in the eye.
16. You try, every day, to be the person who makes everyone feel welcome.
17. You’re doing everything you can to figure out what it is that you want to do, even if you don’t know quite what that is yet.
18. And even if you haven’t found your exact ‘dream job’ yet, you don’t let it discourage you.
19. You try to stay well-informed about what’s going on in the world.
20. Including the news that doesn’t directly impact you.
21. You are comfortable with taking respectful critiques.
22. Even though it’s a never-ending challenge, you’re getting better every day at not comparing yourself to others.
23. You always try to like yourself. Even when it’s hard.