1. People ask for your advice on everything, even if it’s something you know nothing about. They say it’s because they know you’ll be honest with them. And then, when you are honest with them, they usually get annoyed.
2. Nothing bores you more than obligatory small talk. You die a little on the inside when you have to talk about your job or where you’re from while you’re at a cocktail party. Because you’d much rather be talking about something real and interesting.
3. Sometimes your friends tease you about coming off as a little too straightforward, but really, it’s just that you don’t like being fake.
4. When a new person comes to hang out with you guys, your friends usually introduce you by saying something like “Don’t be scared. She/he doesn’t bite. Hahaha!”
5. And you’re just like… “No.”
6. You get really uneasy around highly sensitive people. It feels like you have to walk around on egg shells, which makes you feel like you can’t really be yourself.
7. Pretty much half of your life revolves around saying, “Relax, I’m just kidding!” if you tease your sensitive friend and they take it too seriously. You can’t count the number of times you’ve had to turn something harmless you said into a joke if someone was offended by it.
8. You’re always forced to go shopping. Even if you hate it. Because you’re the only one who will tell your friend that the pants she picked out look like someone vomited mustard.
9. If somebody got ridiculously drunk the night before but no one wants to say anything, all of your friends will just awkwardly look away and refuse to make eye contact until you are forced to be the one who yells at the drunkard for being an idiot last night.
10. Your friends love trying to set you up with other people by saying “they’re mean too!”
11. …No matter how many times you tell them that a) that’s harsh and b) opposites attract.
12. Your friends point out that you have tell-tale signs when you like or dislike someone, and that they don’t make any sense. When you like someone, you’re usually relaxed and sarcastic around them. When you dislike someone or feel uncomfortable around them, you’re usually more quiet and have to work really hard on being polite so you don’t offend them.
13. People love to joke around about how you’re mean, but they often forget that being blunt and being mean are two completely different things.
14. Your friends love to call you out in front of new people if you’re being polite. But they forget that you’re only incredibly blunt around your friends, not strangers. And you’re never blunt just for the sake of being mean.
15. People assume that being blunt means you hate everything, when that’s not the truth at all. It’s just that you’re not afraid to admit when you don’t like something.
16. When you really do like something, such as your friend’s wedding dress, you have to be overly enthusiastic so that they actually understand that you like it, and they don’t think you’re just being sarcastic or saying it to make them feel better.
17. Lots of people think of you as blunt. You prefer honest.