When rap legend Eminem sings about the opposite sex, it normally explains how much he hates his mum or his ex-wife.
Failing that, it might be about the number of groupies he’s slept with.
Yet, occasionally Slim Shady will show his soft side – and when he does, it’s often all too relatable.
Here are ten examples of when Eminem has melted our hearts with lyrics about love and romance.
1. “You ever love somebody so much you can barely breathe when you’re with ’em. You meet and neither one of you even know what hit ’em.”
Eminem describes the knockout effect of love in ‘Love The Way You Lie.’
2. “Have you ever loved someone so much, you’d give an arm for? Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for?”
Eminem shows the extent of his love for his daughter in ‘When I’m Gone.’
3. “My body aches when I ain’t with you, I have zero strength. There’s no limit on how far I would go, no boundaries, no lengths.”
Eminem artfully explains the pain of missing a loved one in ‘Space Bound.’
4. “When I see my baby. Suddenly I’m not crazy. It all makes sense when I look into her eyes.”
Eminem explains how his daughter puts the whole world into perspective in ‘Hailie’s Song.’
5. “It’s true that I got shot in the heart. But when someone seems too good to be true, they usually are.”
Eminem describes the pain of unrequited love in ‘Spend Some Time.’
6. “Run out the room and I’ll follow you like a lost puppy. Baby, without you I’m nothing, I’m so lost, hug me, then tell me how ugly I am, but that you’ll always love me.”
Em wants a woman who will accept his insecurities in ‘Love The Way You Lie Part II.’
7. “The more you put me through, The more it makes me wanna come back to you. You say you hate me, I just love you more. You don’t want me, I just want you more.”
Em explains the reverse psychology effect of love in ‘I love you more’
8. “Not many are lucky enough to have a guardian angel like you. Lord I’m so thankful, please don’t think that I don’t feel grateful.”
A moving tribute to his best friend Proof in ‘You’re Never Over.’
9. “One minute I want to slit your throat. The next I want to sex.”
Em graphically paints a picture of his love/hate relationship in ‘Crazy in Love.’
10. “Love is ‘evol’. Spell it backwards.”
Eminem sums up his feelings about love in ‘Space Bound.’