A relationship between air sign Libra and water sign Scorpio will definitely be interesting, to say the least. Do they make a good love match or is it just a hot mess that needs to be avoided? Let’s learn a bit more about their personalities and see if they’re compatible:
Libra and Scorpio Compatibility
The Libra Zodiac
- Libra’s ruling planet is Venus, the ruler of love and beauty. This star sign loves the finer things in life–all things beautiful and luxurious!
- The Libra symbol and constellation are the only zodiac sign represented by an object: the scales. A Libran will appreciate and strive for balance and harmony in everyday life.
- As a cardinal sign, Libras are social butterflies and they make great leaders.
- As an air sign, Libras are flexible people pleasers. Libra’s charm is that they are social creatures who are good at holding conversations.
- Libra personality traits:
- Appreciates balance and harmony in everyday life.
- Sociable, charming.
- People pleasers.
- Will avoid confrontation.
- Personality traits of a Libra man:
- Charming, flirty, romantic.
- Will spoil you with gifts and romantic gestures.
- Shallow — he puts extra attention into his appearance and will want a beautiful partner that will make him look good too.
- Personality traits of a Libra woman:
- Good conversationalist.
- Picky and won’t let herself be in a relationship with anyone who doesn’t fit her standards.
- Good at showing every side to her personality: loving and caring, and also passive-aggressive and self-pitying.
- In astrology, we each have a moon sign that represents our inner selves and how we deal with feelings and emotions. If your moon sign is in Libra, these are most likely your personality traits:
- Typically good at communication but bad about talking about your feelings.
- Crave peace, balance, and harmony in love, career, friendships, home.
Libras are wonderful conversationalists. They can talk to anyone for hours on end. However, some people will mistake their niceness for flirting. Even though a Libra will treat everyone they meet with an equal amount of kindness, they are very picky when it comes to dating. They will flirt with anyone — but they will only settle down with someone special. They spend most of their time single because they would rather be alone than with the wrong person.
Libras are an asset to have on your side because they are one of the most creative signs. They always have a million different ideas running through their heads. Although they aren’t afraid to step back and allow others to take the lead, they also have a lot of leadership qualities. Since they want everyone to like them, they are able to see the good in everyone. They are able to give meaningful compliments and encouragement. When they’re on your team, you’re going to go far.
The Scorpio Zodiac
- The Scorpio zodiac sign is ruled by Mars (ruler of strength and self-expression) and Pluto (ruler of psychic energy).
- The Scorpio zodiac constellation is a scorpion, which represents power and intimacy.
- As a fixed sign, a Scorpio is stable and determined. This sun sign has a “my way or the highway” attitude and won’t give up until they get what they want.
- As a water sign, a Scorpio has secret emotional intensity. However, they don’t like to stay in negative moods for very long, so they bounce back quickly.
- Scorpio personality traits:
- Has jealous and possessive tendencies.
- Obsessive; will hold grudges.
- Personality traits of a Scorpio man:
- He will notice right away if you’re trying to play games with him, so just don’t bother!
- He would rather be in a committed relationship than go through a bunch of flings.
- Personality traits of a Scorpio woman:
- Although she can be confident and flirtatious, she won’t give her heart away to just anyone.
- She won’t like to play or be played, so don’t bother trying to get her to chase you!
- In astrology, we each have a moon sign that represents our inner selves and how we deal with feelings and emotions. If you have a Scorpio moon, these are most likely your personality traits:
- Secretive and mysterious.
- Has mood swings often and this can lead to complications in friendships and relationships.
Scorpios are passionate, playful, and energetic. They have a tendency to flirt with everyone who walks into the room, but they aren’t going to settle down until they find someone special. In the meantime, they are going to act secretive and mysterious. They won’t reveal too much about their personal lives. They won’t allow anyone to get too close to them. They will keep their guard up because they are secretly terrified of getting their heart broken.
Scorpios may seem emotionless at first, but they are highly possessive and get jealous easily. If you upset them, then they aren’t going to forget what you’ve done. They hold lifelong grudges. Even if they choose to keep you in their life, there will always be a part of them that resents you for putting them through pain in the past. If you want to stay on their good side, you can’t even think about betraying them. Their trust in you will go right out the window the second you screw up.
Libra and Scorpio: Friendship Compatibility
- This isn’t a super strong friendship unless they set some boundaries and they’re willing to deal with each others’ flaws (Libra’s passive-aggressiveness and Scorpio’s demanding and possessive side).
- Both signs hate arguments and will typically avoid confrontation at all costs.
- On the bright side, they are always able to balance each other out. Libra can help Scorpio be more logical and Scorpio can help Libra be more decisive.
- In the friendship, Libra is the intellectual force and Scorpio is the passionate and ambitious one. These two astrology signs make great team players and both are able to get things done.
These two signs are going to butt heads. They both hate confrontation, so they aren’t going to admit when they are annoyed with one another. They will simply stop talking to each other. The phone calls will stop. The texts will stop. The hangout sessions will stop. They will quietly fade out of each other’s lives unless they put effort into communicating. Most of the time, a friendship between a Libra and Scorpio isn’t going to last long. It’s only going to be a temporary connection.
However, during the rare instances when these two signs stay friends, they are able to learn from each other. They are able to see the world from a completely different point of view. When these two signs put aside their differences and work together, they can accomplish a lot. They just have to be conscious of their own bad habits and be careful about hurting the other person’s feelings. The more self-aware they are, the stronger their friendship will become.
Libra and Scorpio: Sex and Love Compatibility
- As lovers, these two are fueled by the power of intellect. The Libra partner will help their Scorpio partner be balanced and logical, while Scorpio will help Libra be more focused and decisive.
- The Scorpio lover is intense, passionate, and mysterious, while the Libra lover is upfront, open, and charming.
- With Libra’s ruling of Venus, the planet of love, and Scorpio’s ruling of Mars and Pluto, the planets of passion and power, this is a pretty intense pair–and that could be a good or a bad thing.
- Scorpio will have a hard time trusting Libra because of their need to please and show off to everyone. Libra will struggle to calm down the Scorpio when they get emotional, jealous, or possessive.
When it comes to sex, these two signs are either going to have a mind-blowing experience or a highly disappointing experience. They will either click or clash. There is no gray area in between. If these signs get lucky and happen to get along well, then their honesty and openness are going to give them the opportunity to try plenty of new things in the bedroom. They are going to introduce each other to new positions and moves they never considered before.
However, these two signs are going to have a hard time trusting each other. Scorpios want their partner all to themselves. However, Libras want the world to love them. They are going to put just as much effort into their relationships with friends and coworkers as they do with their partner – and that isn’t going to sit well with a Scorpio. Scorpios are far too possessive to date someone who needs validation outside of their relationship. They will work much better with someone who is content with them and only them.
Zodiac Compatibility with a Libra or a Scorpio
- If you’re a Libra, a love relationship with fire sign Sagittarius will be quite strong. In fact, there’s strong sexual compatibility between this air sign and this fire sign. They both feel comfortable and secure enough to be themselves and try new things, especially in the bedroom. They’re great at communicating and showing their emotional side when they want to, however, they will struggle with trust often.
- If you’re a Libra, you’ll find that a relationship with water sign Pisces will come with a lot of complications. These two zodiac signs have nothing in common and will have a hard time understanding one another, especially in love. They’ll have trouble with communication, trust, and adjusting to one another’s needs in the bedroom.
- If you’re a Scorpio, you’ll find that a love match with earth sign Virgo will be a good fit. Virgos and Scorpios are both guarded and grounded in love. With sensitive, mysterious Scorpio and careful, shy Virgo, there’s a positive, strong non-verbal connection; however, they might struggle with the emotional aspect of the relationship from time to time.
- If you’re a Scorpio, expect a relationship with fire signs Aries or Leo will be a hot, aggressive mess with no emotional connection. The possessiveness in both Scorpio and Aries will be overwhelming and weirdly enough, that’s how they trust each other. However, the only thing they can agree on is sex, and even then, it’s rocky. With Leo and Scorpio, there will be heavy complications in the bedroom, with emotions, and little to no communication.
Libras are much better off entering a relationship with a Sagittarius than a Scorpio. A Sagittarius is open and honest about their feelings. They aren’t going to hold back important information. They aren’t going to keep a single secret from their partner. They are going to express their emotions, even when it’s difficult, which is exactly what a Libra needs. They work best with someone who is completely transparent, no matter what the cost.
Meanwhile, a Scorpio will be happiest when they are dating a Virgo. Both signs grow attached to their partners rather quickly, so there shouldn’t be much jealousy. They will be one-hundred percent loyal to each other. Because of their strong sense of trust and open communication, they will feel safe together. They will trust that they aren’t going to get hurt by each other. They will be able to open up in ways they never could with anyone else.
Libra and Scorpio: Relationship Compatibility with A Libra or A Scorpio
Libra man + Scorpio woman:
Although there’s an immediate attraction between them, this is a pretty incompatible pair that will struggle to get along. The Libra man is charming and flirty, while the Scorpio woman will want a deep, emotional, intense bond with one lover. However, the Libra man will want to please her and will commit himself if she asks him to…unless Scorpio’s possessiveness and jealous tendencies get in the way.
Scorpio man + Libra woman:
This is an interesting and unpredictable, yet balanced, pair. They’ll be able to challenge each other in a good way: the Libra woman will enjoy stimulating conversations and the Scorpio man will also enjoy banter and debate. His personality might be too overwhelmingly mysterious for her sometimes and he will struggle to maintain the harmony and peace that she wants to keep in the relationship. She might struggle in the bedroom and will force him to play into her mind games. They might struggle to find compromise often.
Libra compatibility with a Libra:
No matter if it’s a Libra woman and woman, man and man, or man and woman, a Libra-Libra romance will be peaceful and in perfect balance. Their love life will be full of aesthetic, bliss, and beauty. They will be able to work together and make a lasting love affair too.
Scorpio compatibility with a Scorpio:
No matter if it’s a Scorpio woman and woman, man and man, or man and woman, a Scorpio-Scorpio romance is fiercely intense. They’re both obsessive, passionate, and sexual creatures who enjoy staying active in every aspect of their relationship (in the bedroom or going out on the town). They’ll accomplish a lot together!
Two Libras will make excellent friends, lovers, and life partners. After all, their vision of the future is exactly the same. They both want to live a safe, stable life that is admired by others. It’s important for them to be happy in their relationship – but it’s also important to look happy to everyone on social media. Their reputation matters to them, which is something most other signs don’t seem to understand.
Meanwhile, two Scorpios are going to have the time of their lives together. They are both passionate and possessive, so they aren’t going to want to let each other go. They will spend most of their time in the bedroom. However, even the time they spend with their clothes on will feel meaningful because they will get along spectacularly. They will share similar aspirations and relationship expectations, so there won’t be many reasons to argue.
Things To Know About Astrology, Astronomy, Libra, and Scorpio
It is possible for someone to be born on a “cusp” meaning you were born in between two zodiac signs. For example, someone born between October 19th and October 25th would be considered a Libra Scorpio cusp and would be ruled by powerful planets in love, intensity, and power.
If you were born on a Libra Scorpio cusp, you are most likely honest, critical, and bossy, but also romantic, loyal, and seductive.
In astrology, there’s an event known as “retrograde”, when a planet appears to be moving backward and when things on Earth get a bit discombobulated. In Vedic astrology, retrograde is a time for rethinking, reflecting, reconnecting, readjusting.
The most commonly talked about retrograde event is Mercury Retrograde, and so the planets who are ruled by Mercury (Gemini and Virgo) will be most affected. So when Venus goes into retrograde for Libra, or Mars and Pluto go into retrograde for Scorpio, certain personality traits will be heightened or challenged:
- For the Libra ruled by Venus, the planet of love, things will change. If you’re googly-eyed for someone, you might take a step back, or, if you’re single, you might find yourself getting flirty with someone new or with an old flame. When Venus goes into retrograde in Libra, there will be some downtime for self-care and indulging in the things you appreciate the most (in materialistic items or going to a luxurious spa, for example).
- For the Scorpio ruled by both Pluto and Mars, it’s all about motivation, power struggles, and transformation. When Mars is in retrograde, this means that the typically determined and passionate Scorpio might take a step back and work on themselves so that when they get in a committed relationship (and they will), they’ll be their best selves. When Pluto goes into retrograde, Scorpio will find that they might face some power struggles and will be a bit more sensitive and negative than normal.
Libras are a sucker for materialistic items. They want to own fancy cars, designer clothes, and expensive handbags. They understand that the way they look on the outside impacts the way they feel on the inside, which is why they pay such close attention to trends. Some people consider them shallow, but they aren’t going to apologize for taking good care of themselves. They deserve to practice self-care. They deserve to be pampered.
Scorpios are much more sensitive than they appear. It takes a while for them to open up to someone, but once they grow attached, they are fiercely protective. They cannot stand to be away from someone they love for a long period of time. They are possessive. They are obsessive. They want to be with their partner every moment of the day. That’s why, during retrograde, you might be feeling a little more sensitive than usual.Libra: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope Scorpio: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope