When it comes to Tinder conversations or any online dating app, it is hard to know where to start. You want to have a good conversation and hit it off with your match, but it’s sometimes difficult to get the ball rolling. While your opening line doesn’t always have to be a home-run, there are ways you can kick start the conversation and hit it off with your match.
Where To Use Conversation Starters
Even if you aren’t a Tinder user, there are many dating apps to choose from. You can find the app that meets your personal preferences and dating needs.
What is a Conversation Starter?
A conversation starter is the first message that you send someone in a conversation. You want your opening message to be strong so that you can make a good first impression. A good Tinder conversation often involves an interesting question or a classic Tinder opener, which is typically a compliment or flirty message. ;)
Why Use Tinder Conversation Starters?
A good conversation starter is the best way to connect with your match and look for shared interests. When you are swiping around Tinder and looking for a potential match, it’s important to find common ground as well as think about opening with an interesting question.
What Makes a Conversation Starter a Great Conversation Starter?
The difference between a good and a GREAT conversation starter, depends on how personalized you can make the starter. You want the convo to be effortless and easy and you also want your guy or girl Tinder match to get to know you beyond your Tinder profile. A PERFECT conversation starter is one that is creative, unique, and able to lead to a conversation that can evoke emotion.
Tip: If you need help finding clever and perfect conversation starters, look no further. Dating App Cheat for Tinder will create a great conversation starter that will certainly improve your opening message.
What is the Goal of Tinder Conversation Starters?
The goal of a conversation starter is to set yourself up for a great Tinder conversation and possibly a first date. You have already attracted the man or the woman that you matched with, now it’s time to charm them with your personality.
What to Keep In Mind When Sending the First Tinder Message
As a Tinder user, you know that you end up matching with a lot of people. When sending the first Tinder message, you want to use a Tinder icebreaker that will lead to a flirty, interesting, and possibly emotion filled conversation. A Tinder icebreaker is a message that actually prompts conversation. So instead of saying, “Hi” say something like “It’s clear I find you an attractive, so tell me a fun fact about yourself.” You can also use humor and make jokes to show off your funny side. This is a good way to create a fun and personable Tinder conversation.
List of Great Tinder Conversation Starters and Questions:
- I just got back from XYZ trip. Where do you want to travel to next?
- It’s pretty rainy out by me today, what is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
- I have a funny joke for you. Knock, knock guess who…? (*make sure to look up a knock-knock joke)
- Reddit is CRAZY. I read this funny subreddit about XYZ. What is one of your favorite subreddits?
- If animals could talk, which animal would be the most annoying?
- So just going straight to the personal question, what is the best advice you have ever received?
- What is one thing that you couldn’t live without?
- Taking a poll, are you a person who prefers savory or sweet?
- What food do you crave most often? Maybe we could go get it together sometime?
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Ice cream date, my treat!
- Which social media platform is your favorite? Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat?
- I loved the photo of you doing XYZ! What else do you like to do for fun?
- Random question: What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?
- If you had a personal mascot, what would your mascot be?
- What is one thing that you could have a convo about forever?
- Pick one celebrity that would play you in a remake of your life.
- You are so cute, I just had to send you the first message!
- Just finished XYZ book! What’s the last book that you read?
- What’s the strangest movie you have ever seen?
- Tell me about a film that blew your mind.
- What do you wish you knew more about?
- You just won a million dollars! What is the first thing you do with the money?
- If you could sit down and eat dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?
- What could you give an hour long presentation on?
- I loved your photo of you practicing yoga! What else do you do in order to get rid of stress?
- What is something popular now that really annoys you?
- I loved XYZ photo on your profile! Where else is the most beautiful place you have visited?
- That food picture on your profile looks amazing! What else is your guilty pleasure?
- Which do you prefer? Books or movies?
- What was the last song you listened to?
- What is the longest plane trip you have taken?
- You’ve got great style! So, if you had to pick one, what is your favorite shirt?
- What is your favorite thing to eat or drink in the winter?
- Your holiday photo is adorable! What is the biggest holiday for you and your family?
- Fun question: What do you get every time you go grocery shopping?
- What flavor of ice cream do you wish existed? Should we make it sometime?
- I’m super hungry right now, I need inspiration. What food combinations do you really enjoy?
- What are you overly competitive about?
- Would love your thoughts, what is your favorite trivia fact?
- What’s the funniest word in the English language?
- In your opinion, what would the perfect bar look like?
- What’s the dumbest thing someone has argued with you about?
- What’s your secret talent? Everyone has one hehe.
- Imagine that an epic feast is held in your honor, what food is on the table?
- Do you have a good luck charm and if so, what is your good luck charm?
- What was the biggest realization that you had about yourself?
- What are you most likely to become famous for?
- Fun question for you: What movie title best describes your life?
- What are some small things that make your day better?
- What are one or two of your favorite smells?
- What’s the best thing that you got from your parents?
- What is something that is on your bucket list?
- What are you most passionate about?