Cancer and Scorpio are two star signs on the zodiac that are full of depth, passion, and intense emotion. Do they make a good love match or are they destined for doom? Let’s first get a better understanding of the personalities of a Cancer and a Scorpio and how it could work out…
Scorpio and Cancer Compatibility
The Cancer Zodiac
- Ruled by the moon, the planetary ruler of intuition and emotion
- The Cancer symbol is a crab, but the constellation could depict it as the breast of a woman, representing the goddess Hera from Greek mythology and the nurturing nature of woman.
- As a water sign, they have a strong intuition, are submerged in feeling and will go through waves of emotion.
- As a cardinal sign, they tend to be highly sensitive creatures. They lead with their heart and sometimes that can cause them to act out irrationally, impulsively, and manipulating.
- Personality traits of a Cancer:
- Emotional, sympathetic
- Loyal, overprotective, and nurturing in a friendship and a relationship
- Has mood swings
- Finds peace through creative outlets
- Cancer man personality:
- Won’t hide his feelings from his loved one
- This man wants to feel needed and wants to share his life with someone
- Cancer woman personality:
- Vulnerable, open
- Fierce loyalty
- Romantic and ready for love; she doesn’t like to play the field
Cancers aren’t interested in anything casual. They have no desire to play the field. They would much rather commit to someone and remain in the same long-term relationship for a long period of time. Cancers are monogamous, kind, nurturing, and loyal. However, they expect their loyalty to be repaid. If their partner cheats on them, they are going to stop spoiling that person. In fact, they are going to leave that person in their past and start searching for someone who is able to meet their expectations.
Cancers are sensitive, highly emotional signs. Their feelings get hurt easily, which is why they need to be in a relationship with someone who is going to treat their heart gently. They cannot be with someone who is too abrasive. While they appreciate honesty, they don’t want a partner who is so blunt that they verge on rude. Cancers always want their feelings to be taken into consideration. If their partner cannot be tender, sweet, and thoughtful, then the relationship isn’t going to work.
The Scorpio Zodiac
- Ruled by Pluto (ruler of psychic energy) and Mars (ruler of self-expression) → 2 planetary rulings = more intense!
- The Scorpio symbol is a scorpion, which represents power and intimacy.
- As a fixed sign, a Scorpio will be stable, determined, and very much “my way or the highway.” When they set their sights on something, they won’t give up until they get it.
- As a water sign, a Scorpio will have intense emotional depth–but they’ll hide it until they can open up to someone they trust. They aren’t a stranger to mood swings and usually lead with their emotions.
- Personality traits of a Scorpio:
- Full of passion, even if they hide it sometimes
- Hate not being in control
- Prone to jealousy
- Obsessive and will hold grudges
- Scorpio man personality:
- Will notice right away if you’re trying to play games with him
- Hard to read
- Passionate and energetic
- The Scorpio man would rather be in a relationship than have flings
- Scorpio woman personality:
- Emotional, but hides it
- Demanding and possessive
- Charming and captivating sensuality
- Flirtatious and confident, but won’t be quick to give her heart away
- Don’t play games with a Scorpio woman — she’ll lose interest right away!
Scorpios are afraid of vulnerability. They hide their true selves until they feel comfortable around a new person. That is why they need a partner who is patient. They need someone who isn’t going to rush them to take the next step in a relationship and will simply enjoy the ride. Scorpios like to be the one in control, so they are not going to handle it well when their partner tries to give them orders. They aren’t going to like it when you play dating games or set ultimatums, either. They want someone who is straightforward, honest, and comfortable with letting them take control.
Scorpios would much rather be in a serious relationship than jump from person to person. However, when they connect with someone, they can take their possessiveness too far. They can be overly demanding and jealous. Their partner needs to be able to reassure them they don’t have to worry about getting cheated on or abandoned. However, their partner also needs to be strong enough to stick up for themselves when a Scorpio takes their demands too far.
Scorpio and Cancer: Sexual Compatibility
- The sexual and intimate relationship between a Scorpio sun sign and a Cancer sun sign will be very intense, but this will work well for both of them.
- There is a mutual understanding of the depth of each other’s emotions and how they express them in different ways, as well as what they need to feel satisfied (sexually).
- Sexually, a Scorpio might get too intense and aggressive for a vulnerable sensitive Cancer.
- There might even be an interesting power dynamic between the two: a Scorpio man or Scorpio woman will be very demanding and will have a “my way or the highway” kind of attitude, while a Cancer man or woman will be overprotective and dive into their negative personality trait of being emotionally manipulative (if they’re sensitive to certain people or situations).
Scorpios and Cancers have the potential to work well together because they are both emotional signs. Although they express their feelings in many different ways, they understand what it feels like to be ruled by their own emotions. However, Scorpios can be a bit aggressive, which can be a turn-off for Cancer. Cancers want someone who is gentle with them, someone who is going to make them feel comfortable and safe. Scorpios can be a bit too intimidating for them, especially when it comes to sex, considering Cancers want to have a calm, meaningful experience.
Meanwhile, Scorpios can easily get bored by Cancers and their hesitation to try new things. Since Scorpios want things to be done their own way, they will get frustrated when their ideas are turned down. They would much rather be with a partner who is open-minded and adventurous, a partner who is going to agree with their wild ideas instead of trying to get them to slow down. The last thing a Scorpio wants is to be with someone who holds them back.
Scorpio and Cancer: Love Compatibility
- Between a Cancer partner and a Scorpio partner, trust and communication are the key to true love. They would rather be in a loyal, committed relationship with a soul mate than have a bunch of flings.
- In a relationship, a Scorpio will strive for power while a Cancer will crave security.
- Both of these two signs are quite loyal, so there won’t be any fears of unfaithfulness. If anything were to happen, though, both the Scorpio and the Cancer would feel comfortable enough being honest and communicating with one another. However, a Cancer person will be more inclined to talk about their feelings than a Scorpio person would!
A relationship between these two signs might be bumpy at first, considering Cancers love to talk about their feelings and Scorpios are a closed book. However, once they are confident that they can trust one another, Scorpios will be just as open and honest. If anything goes wrong in the relationship, these signs will sit down and have a mature conversation about it. They won’t hide anything from each other. They will be completely transparent.
The biggest thing Scorpios and Cancers have in common is their desire to settle down. They don’t want to date dozens of different people so they can brag about their conquests. They want to be in a committed relationship that means something to them. They want to find true love. When these signs get together, they are not going to cheat on each other. They are going to remain loyal. They are going to treat each other with respect, even when they are faced with temptation.
Weaknesses of a Scorpio-Cancer Relationship
Having an understanding of each other’s weaknesses and negative qualities can only make the emotional connection stronger if both are willing to work through it. In a way, their strengths balance out their weaknesses.
- Scorpio’s jealousy might get a little too much sometimes but it’s just because they have such a strong need to be in control–this can tie into a Scorpio’s possessiveness too!
- Cancers have a sympathetic, nurturing nature, but they can also be quite moody, sensitive, and good at emotional manipulation.
Scorpios are possessive, jealous, and insecure. Even when they are in a committed relationship with someone they trust, there are going to be moments when they question their partner’s loyalty. Because their biggest fear is being betrayed, they might set unfair rules for their partner to follow. They might also snoop through their partner’s texts and bombard them with questions whenever they get home from work or a party. Their fear of abandonment leads them to act extra clingy.
Meanwhile, Cancers can go through intense mood swings. They can switch from laughing and being in a great mood to crying and being miserable. Although they lead with their hearts instead of their heads, they are skilled manipulators. They know exactly what to say in order to guilt-trip their partner. They will use your emotions, and their own tears, against you. They will trick you into doing what they want – and you won’t even realize it’s happening.
Scorpio Compatibility With Other Signs of the Zodiac:
- A water sign (Scorpio or Cancer) will pair well with another water sign and usually an earth sign.
- Virgo zodiac sign:
- Earth sign + water sign → they will feel grounded in the relationship and loyal to one another.
- Both are quite reserved when it comes to love, too!
- Virgo zodiac sign:
- Scorpio and Cancer are two bad matches for a fire sign or air sign.
- Libra and Gemini are two zodiac signs that have drastically different personalities from Scorpio and Cancer. Why? Well, think of it this way: you add air (wind) from a storm to water (like the ocean), you get destructive waves.
Both Scorpios and Cancers are water signs. That means they are highly compatible with Pisces, the final water sign. They also work well with earth signs like Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. However, water signs will clash with fire and air signs like Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. The conflicting energies and personality traits will result in a destructive relationship. There will be a lot of arguments, misunderstandings, and general uneasiness.
It’s best for a Scorpio to get together with someone who was born in Virgo season. These two signs will remain loyal to each other throughout the course of the relationship without being tempted to stray. This will create a secure, stable, grounded relationship where they will both feel valued. Plus, since they are both independent and express their emotions in similar ways, there will be a lot fewer reasons for conflict. Their relationship will be filled with appreciation and respect.Cancer: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope Scorpio: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope