Aquarius and Leo are two polar opposites on the zodiac wheel. As an air sign (Aquarius) and a fire sign (Leo) it might be hard for them to connect on some levels. With Aquarius’ free-spirit, not caring what people think, and Leo’s desire to be in the center of attention all the time, how can these two get along? They say opposites attract, so does it work in the case of an Aquarius and Leo partnership?
Aquarius and Leo Compatibility
The Aquarius Zodiac
- Aquarius is ruled by Uranus, the only planet that spins on its side. This zodiac sign matches that energy in that it’s very individualistic and original in their ways.
- The Aquarius symbol is a water bearer (2 ocean waves), which represents the flow of energy, thinking, and creativity.
- As a fixed sign, an Aquarian is an intelligent, persistent leader.
- As an air sign, an Aquarius is a breath of fresh air and has an admirable free spirit.
- Aquarius personality traits:
- Progressive, intelligent
- Friendly, good in social settings
- Although they are a fixed sign, it’s easy for them to adapt to their environments
- Original – they don’t care about what people think of them!
- An Aquarian will avoid talking about their emotions, and that makes them come across as aloof and elusive.
- Aquarius man personality:
- Social but independent.
- Good at communicating.
- Appears aloof at times because his mind is always occupied with new ideas.
- If you want to be in a relationship with an Aquarius man, be his friend first.
- Aquarius woman personality:
- Practical and intelligent.
- If you get too clingy, she might run away!
- To get the attention of an Aquarius woman, stand out from the crowd — she’ll appreciate your individuality.
- In astrology, we each have a zodiac sign that represents our sun, moon, and rising placements in our charts. This is most likely your personality if you have an Aquarius moon sign:
- The compassionate and humanitarian side will be more dominant.
- Head > heart
- Don’t like talking about feelings.
- Wants some freedom, even in serious relationships.
Aquarius are intelligent, social, and great at communicating. They love having long, intellectual conversations about the intricacies of life. If you want to date them, then you need to be able to keep up with their flow of ideas. Their mind wanders easily, so they don’t want to have the same exact conversations again and again. They want to learn new things from their partner. They don’t want the relationship to feel stale.
It’s rare for an Aquarius to talk about their feelings, but you shouldn’t assume that means they couldn’t care less about you. They simply aren’t vocal about their emotions. They don’t like to show their vulnerabilities. This is because they are so independent. They feel like they don’t need anyone, so they are uncomfortable admitting when they’ve grown attached. They speak through actions, not words.
The Leo Zodiac
- The Leo zodiac sign is ruled by the sun, the brightest and biggest star in our solar system. Leos have very bold, bright, and dominant personalities.
- Leos are represented by the symbol of a lion, which symbolizes courage and strength. Their astrology symbol comes from the Greek mythology of the hero Hercules who defeated a lion.
- As a fire sign, a Leo will have enthusiastic and bold personalities. They are leaders and entertainers at heart.
- As a fixed sign, they are very stubborn and will stick to something until the very end.
- Leo personality traits:
- Passionate and energetic.
- Courageous and strong.
- Natural born leaders.
- Arrogant attention seekers.
- In relationships, they’ll typically put themselves and their needs first.
- Leo man personality:
- Wants to be treated like a king, receiving gifts and being surrounded by the most beautiful people.
- Wants to be showered with attention.
- Don’t worry about whether or not the Leo man will be loyal–once he commits, he’s all in.
- Leo woman personality:
- Just like the Leo man, a Leo woman will want to be treated like royalty, showered with affection and gifts.
- Wants to be the center of someone’s world
- The Leo woman will play a dominant role in every aspect of her life, in love and in her career.
- She wants to love and be loved
- In astrology, we each have a zodiac sign that represents our sun, moon, and rising placements in our charts. This is most likely your personality if you have a Leo moon sign:
- Loving, passionate.
- Emotions > logic
- Can be bossy and over dramatic about things.
- They’re a lot more sensitive to criticism that comes from them being the center of attention.
Leos are attention seekers. They don’t want to date anyone who draws the focus away from them because they want to remain in the spotlight. Since Leos crave attention, they want a partner who is going to spoil them rotten. They want to be whisked away on romantic dates and be showered with presents. If they aren’t given constant attention, then they are going to feel like they are being neglected. They are going to look for validation somewhere else.
Leos like to take the lead in every situation. In friendships and relationships, they want to set the rules. They want to choose which movie to watch and which restaurant to visit for dinner. They don’t like being told what to do. They are bossy, stubborn, and overdramatic. When they don’t get their way, they feel like it’s the end of the world. That’s why they need a partner who goes with the flow and won’t mind letting them take the lead.
Aquarius and Leo: Friendship Compatibility
In astrology, Leo is the opposite sign of Aquarius, so a friendship between the two will be interesting, to say the least.
- While a Leo can be arrogant and will want to be in the center of attention, an Aquarius won’t care what people think about them.
- Leo’s warmth and friendliness is very different from Aquarius’ aloofness and elusiveness.
- Aquarius likes to be independent and domineering Leo won’t want to deal with that.
Although there will be differences in an Aquarius and Leo partnership, there are some things they have in common:
- Leos can be creative, energetic, and charismatic while Aquarius’ have intelligence and a vision. The two of them will appreciate one another’s great qualities.
Leos and Aquarius tend to clash because they have very different needs. Aquarius couldn’t care less what other people think of them. The only opinion that matters to them is their own. In fact, they would rather stand out from the crowd and be considered unique. Meanwhile, Leos crave validation. They want everyone to love them. They cannot stand the thought of being disliked or even ignored. They try their best to make it look like they have their lives together, even when they’re falling apart.
While these two signs have much different priorities, they can make a friendship work as long as they don’t let their differences come between them. After all, they are both incredibly loyal. Once they connect with someone, they would do anything for that person. They are fiercely protective of those they love. These signs are also highly ambitious. Once they put their mind to something, they refuse to give up. They keep going until they reach their goals.
Aquarius and Leo: Sex and Love Compatibility
An Aquarius and Leo partnership in love can be surprisingly very compatible, despite being polar opposites.
- Air fuels fire to keep it in going; Aquarius can keep up with the excitement of a Leo, and can even add to it to make it stronger.
- There’s lots of passion and beauty and confidence in a Leo Aquarius relationship. They have a good sex life too.
- A Leo lover‘s warm heart can melt their Aquarius lover into talking about their feelings.
- Aquarius’ love coming up with ideas and will appreciate Leo’s drive to follow through in them.
Leos crave excitement and adventure. While they prefer to take the lead, they will be thrilled with how many new ideas an Aquarius can come up with in the bedroom. Their shared willingness to try new things is going to keep their sex life steamy. They are never going to repeat the same performances twice. Every time they get into bed together, something new and unpredictable will happen.
Although Aquarius aren’t big fans of talking about their feelings, a Leo is capable of bringing out their sentimental side. If these signs can overcome their differences and develop a trusting relationship, they will feel comfortable sharing their deepest thoughts, emotions, and opinions. No topic will be off the table. They will open up to each other without holding anything back because they will feel safe together.
Aquarius and Leo: Relationship Compatibility with a Leo or Aquarius
Let’s dive into an Aquarius and Leo pairing and see how the relationship will really be like:
Aquarius man + Leo woman:
- This love match will be intrigued by one another and their differences. They will lean towards a bold and experimental love and sex life.
- A woman born in Leo will want to be adored and praised with constant validation, while a man born in Aquarius isn’t emotionally express and will get tired of her demands.
Leo man + Aquarius woman:
- The woman born in Aquarius will love a Leo man’s warmth, while he in turn will love her innovative, intelligent mind.
- The Leo man will be quite arrogant and egotistical and the Aquarius woman won’t relate to his needs to be in the center of attention, nor will she want to flatter his ego.
Aquarius compatibility with an Aquarius?
No matter if it’s a woman and a man, or a woman and a woman, or a man and a man, an Aquarius-Aquarius relationship will be bright and exciting with new ideas, shared values, free-spirited energy, and confidence. However, there will be a lack in expressing emotions–because that’s just the kind of people they are–and intimacy might be a little weak or distant.
Leo compatibility with a Leo?
No matter if it’s a woman and a man, or a woman and a woman, or a man and a man, a Leo-Leo relationship will be bold and fiery and they’ll most likely put themselves in the center of attention whenever they can. While sex will be passionate and exciting, they might have a hard time communicating their emotions and trusting one another to set respectful boundaries.
Aquarius are turned off by clinginess – and a Leo will want constant attention. They won’t want to fish for compliments, either. They will want their partner to flatter them without being asked. Since an Aquarius will have absolutely no desire to boost egos, these two signs won’t get what they need from each other. Leos won’t get enough attention and Aquarius won’t get enough freedom.
The only time this pair is truly compatible is in the bedroom. If these two signs are looking for a casual relationship without any emotion attached, then they are perfect for each other. They are capable of having exciting, passionate, short-term flings. However, if they are searching for a committed relationship, they are probably not going to last long. Even if they meet each other halfway, they will both feel neglected because they have such different expectations.
Leo Aquarius Compatibility
- If you’re an Aquarius sun sign, you will find that a love match with fire sign Aries or air sign Gemini will be strong. Although both Aries and Aquarius are known to lack emotional tenderness, there’s strong communication and trust between them. When an Aquarius and a Gemini get together, it is a very stimulating connection and there will never be a dull moment. Both signs – Gemini and Aquarius – love their independence and full freedom to be themselves in the relationship.
- If you’re an Aquarius, you won’t be very compatible with any water sign: Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces. These are the most needy, emotional, and intuitive signs on the zodiac wheel and your personality, Aquarius, is very different: you love intellect more than feeling or emotion, as well as having freedom to go wherever and be with whoever.
- If you’re a Leo, you’ll find that you pair well with a fire sign Sagittarius or air sign Libra. As two fire signs, Leo and Sagittarius will have a passionate and exciting love. They spark something in one another and their relationship will be warm and inspiring. A Leo-Libra pair will be understanding and communicative. With Leo’s confidence and Leo’s sensuality, intimacy is strong too.
- If you’re a Leo star sign, there won’t be a love match with earth sign Virgo or water sign Pisces. It’s just not in the cards for you! Virgo, although it’s the zodiac that is represented by a woman, love, and sexuality, will be a bit reserved intimately, and Leo won’t be able to work with that. It’s also hard for them to connect emotionally, because Virgo is very nurturing and loving and Leo is so selfish. A Pisces lover will have a hard time trusting their Leo partner because of their arrogant, selfish personality and the way they love people is just so different.
Aquarius are much better matched with another fire sign, like Aries. Aries are spontaneous, adventurous, and unpredictable. They will give an Aquarius the excitement that they have been craving. Plus, they won’t expect an Aquarius to delve into their feelings because they aren’t comfortable talking about their emotions, either. They will allow their actions to speak louder than words. They won’t push each other to act vulnerable.
Meanwhile, a Leo will work well with Sagittarius, another fire sign. Their relationship will be steamy and exciting, but unlike with an Aquarius, a Sagittarius won’t mind dropping compliments and showering a Leo with affection. An Aquarius will have a similar experience with a Libra. Libras are drawn to beautiful things, so they aren’t going to be shy about telling a Leo how amazing they are. They will give a Leo the confidence boost needed to make a relationship last.
Mercury Retrograde: Aquarius and Leo
In February 2020, Mercury Retrograde occurred in Pisces and Aquarius Sun and Leo Full Moon. Retrograde is when Mercury, the planet of communication, starts slowing down so much so that it appears to be moving backwards, and with that, things on earth go into a whirlwind:
- Disruptions causing us to do a lot of rescheduling, rethinking, revising, and research
- Intense rainstorms (Leo and Pisces) and forced winds (Aquarius air), all around the world (like Australia).
In March 2020, Mercury went into Aquarius, which caused a lot more commotion.
- COVID-19 – worldwide pandemic
- Things in our personal lives started shifting too. For some, bigger ideas were being developed and for others, there was a call to focus on emotions and connections to the heart.
During retrograde, all signs are going to experience a disturbance in their usual way of life. These changes can be smaller and personal, like having communication problems in a friendship, considering switching career paths, or questioning whether you should remain in your current relationship. During retrograde, you might decide to make a change in your love life, social life, or career that will drastically alter your own future.
However, retrograde can also bring about larger issues. For instance, the pandemic in 2020 was at its most chaotic during retrograde. Not only did this cause massive health issues, but it caused people across the world to start rethinking the way they were living. It gave them a chance to reflect. It caused them to question whether they were doing enough for their fellow citizens and whether they needed to make a change in their own lives.Aquarius: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope Leo: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope