Date: April 20-May 20; the second sign of the zodiac
Ruling planet: Venus
Quality: Fixed sign
Color: Green, Pink
Most compatible with: Scorpio, Cancer, Virgo
Least compatible with: Gemini, Leo, Aquarius, Aries
Fixed zodiac signs: Leo, Scorpio, Aquarius
Sunday February 28, 2021: There's truth in the old saying, 'do what you fear most and your fear will disappear,' and a wave of relief could come your way if you discover something you feared has proved to be less daunting than you thought it would be. You have every reason to feel proud of what you achieve now or shortly. You could discover this isn't the only fear that reveals itself to be a mere storm in a teacup, either.
Latest Taurus Articles
- These Are The Zodiac Signs Who Aren’t Afraid To Make The First Move
- Why You Have A Hard Time Making Friends, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- What Each Zodiac Sign Can Expect From Jupiter In Aquarius
- Ranking The Zodiac Signs From Most Trusting To Totally Skeptical
- This Is Your Top Love Language, Based On Your Zodiac Sign
The Taurus Symbol
- The Taurus zodiac symbol shows a bull with curving horns, which is fitting because this sign can be stubborn, much like a bull!
- You can find the Taurus constellation (the bull) in the northern hemisphere of the night sky, near Orion. This constellation is known for its bright stars Pleiades (also a star cluster known as the Seven Sisters), Hyades, and a supernova star remnant identified as the crab nebula.
Bulls represent stubbornness, but they also signify patience, strength, and determination. That is why Taurus is one of the hardest working signs of the zodiac. Really, they aren’t stubborn. They are committed. They don’t give up. They stay on the same path without succumbing to distractions or temptations. They have the unique ability to work on a project until it’s completed, regardless of whether it takes them months or years to reach their goal.
Because they don’t change their minds often, their friendships typically begin young and last a lifetime. When they make a choice, they stick to it. They aren’t wishy-washy when it comes to what they want or who they consider important to them. This makes them excellent partners because they are stable and reliable. Once they commit, they are rarely interested in change.
Taurus Under the Planet Ruling of Venus
Venus is the planet of love, affection, beauty, passion, and nature. In the zodiac, Venus, the goddess of love, is known for ruling only 2 planets in astrology: Taurus and Libra. So if you’re a Taurus (and are being ruled by Venus) or you have Venus sign in Taurus, here are some things you should know:
Because Taurus is an earth sign, a Taurean will be very solid and grounded when it comes to love. They won’t go over the top with gestures, nor will they rush into relationships – their reserved, patient nature will lead them to a naturally unfolding love. Sometimes referred to as a secret, sensual Taurus, they will be so devoted to the relationship. It might sometimes come across as possessive. A Taurus lover will turn up the early pleasure and charm you with hand-holding, gifts, massages, and foreplay. A Taurus friend will be easy-going and will have a steady nature — your friends, especially those in your circle of trust, will love it.
Taurus takes a while to open up to strangers, but once you have gained their trust, they are going to be bound to you forever. They are a faithful, trustworthy sign that has no interest in cheating. However, they might be insecure about their partners cheating, because they get jealous easily. They are also highly possessive and will expect you to match their level of commitment. They have high demands and will want to be spoiled the same way they’ve been spoiling you.
Unfortunately, since Taurus becomes so attached to the people in their life, and because they are deeply afraid of change, it is difficult for them to part ways with friends, family, and exes. Sometimes, their history can keep them tethered to the wrong person. They might stay in an uncomfortable situation for longer than they should out of fear of the unknown. Plus, due to their stubbornness, they won’t want to admit they were wrong to trust a certain someone. They will try their best to ‘fix’ the relationship instead of giving up too soon.
Taurus and the Earth Element
The Taurus zodiac is one of the most “fixed” signs out of all the fixed signs because it happens in the middle of spring. Taurus season happens from April 20th to May 20th, during the Earth season of blooming. The time under this sign typically feels as if it’s moving very slowly, but it’s still sensual and making progress nonetheless. The Taurus energy is all about nurturing, creating stability and security, and having the patience for things to bloom.
Earth signs care deeply about their possessions. Taurus, in particular, want to live comfortably – and they want to help their families live comfortably. They feel a sense of duty to take care of others. They want to provide their loved ones with a secure, stable life. Because of these desires, they are at risk of becoming workaholics, greedy, and materialistic. If they’re not careful, they will place too much emphasis on material items and not enough on their personal relationships.
On a more positive note, Earth signs are also patient. They are able to stick to their routines without growing bored. This is because they are grounded in reality. They understand hard work is required in order to reach their goals. They know they aren’t going to make progress unless they put in the hours, which is why they would rather work first and play later. Since they care about money, wealth, and possessions, it makes them excellent workers. They are willing to work hard (and work with their hands) for their paychecks.
Strengths of a Taurus Sign
- Wise / practical / logical.
Weaknesses of a Taurus Sign
- Dependant on others.
Zodiac Sign Personality Traits of a Taurean
Here’s what you should know about a Taurus personality:
- Don’t like to be pushed out of your comfort zone or pushed into change.
- Typically this sign has an easy-going nature, but you strive for a luxurious lifestyle because you feel like things will be more comfortable that way.
- In relationships, you’re very dependent on the other person and tend to have a hard time taking care of yourself. You’re quick to be jealous of others or someone who threatens you or the relationship. You tend to get possessive over things you feel are necessary to you, like a person or materialistic things.
Taurus are absolutely terrified of change. They are not flexible with their work hours or adaptable when something goes wrong in their world. When they are met with the smallest inconvenience, they become flustered. They would much rather remain in their comfort zone and stick to a practiced routine than visit new places and engage in new, unpredictable experiences. Although they are easy-going most of the time, they are going to grow uncomfortable quickly if they are forced into an unwanted, unexpected scenario.
Overall, Taurus are caring, generous people. Although they are not the most romantic sign, they will drown their loved ones with attention and surprise them with thoughtful presents. Taurus also love themselves enough to practice self-care. They aren’t above treating themselves to luxury items. They are wise and practical with money, but at the same time, they are not going to deprive themselves of something that would make them feel more comfortable.
If Your Moon Sign is in Taurus
In astrology, your moon sign represents your emotions, your feelings, and how or if you express these things to others. So if your moon sign is in Taurus, this is what the placement represents:
- Stable, oftentimes too comfortable with things and you can get lazy.
- Invests in strong, sturdy, secure relationships.
- Sometimes patient, sometimes stubborn.
Taurus aim to build solid, secure lives with people they can trust. Since they are honest and reliable, they expect their friends to treat them with the same level of respect. They only invest in careers, friendships, and relationships that make them feel comfortable. They don’t have the time for anyone who makes them feel insecure.
Taurus are creatures of habit. They are comfortable repeating the same exact routine day after day. Their consistency can help them advance in their careers, but it can also cause them to become lazy. Sometimes, their consistency has the opposite effect on their careers and their relationships because they never strive for more. Plus, they can be narrow-minded at times. When they fixate on a certain person or hobby, it’s all they think about, which can cause them to neglect other areas of their life.
If Your Rising Sign is in Taurus
In astrology, the rising sign represents how people see you when they first meet you and also how you react to things. So for a Taurus rising:
- Thoroughly thinking about their decisions before making them. Then, once they’ve decided, they stick to it. It’s their stubborn nature to be secure in who they are and what they do.
- You’re always searching for the best of the best. You tend to overindulge in the finer things in life if you can.
- As an earth sign, you’re very socially aware and stick to the rules of things because you like stability and security.
It’s going to be hard to change the mind of a Taurus. Once they choose a path, they rarely deviate from it. After all, they are a wise and practical sign. If they have made a decision, you can guarantee they have thought it through thoroughly. They have examined every angle. Although Taurus might care about your opinion, they are too confident to bow down to peer pressure. They aren’t going to change their mind, simply because someone else believes they are wrong. They are confident they are right.
Although Taurus can be quite stubborn, they don’t aim to cause conflict in their careers or relationships. They prefer to play by the rules. They aren’t interested in drama or causing discomfort. They are hard workers who do whatever is asked of them in a timely manner. It is not in their nature to act defiantly. They know, in order to establish a stable life for themselves, they have to do the right thing, even when it’s hard.
- Strong and tender, especially in love.
- Loyal and will want you to be loyal in return.
- Will take a while for him to trust you but once he does, he will be fixed on you for good.
- Likes routine → not sexually creative or adventurous, will take you to the same restaurants all the time.
- Will do anything to win the heart of a loved one.
- Although he comes across as strong and stiff, he has an emotional side that can be shown once he trusts someone.
Taurus men are not adventurous, spontaneous, or unpredictable. They aren’t going to whisk you away on a vacation on a whim. They would rather repeat the same dates, and the same-sex positions, every single day. They aren’t going to get bored and become restless when you create a routine as a couple. In fact, they are going to be comforted when you fall into a rhythm with them. They are going to feel like they can trust you, like you are a consistent part of their routine.
While a Taurus might not seem like the most romantic man at first, you are going to realize how generous, loving, and sentimental they are once you get to know each other better. Taurus are touchy-feely people, so they are going to give you plenty of attention and affection. Although there might be times when they get fixated on other things and put their attention elsewhere, they are always going to stay loyal to you and only you. Their heart is not going to stray.
- Very sensual, since this zodiac sign is ruled by Venus, the goddess of love,
- Will want to be seduced.
- Likes for things to move slowly in a relationship.
- She will appreciate the finer things in life.
- Can be stubborn — if she’s not feeling loved in a relationship, she most likely will just stay in it just because she doesn’t like change.
- She will be a compassionate, comfortable lover.
Taurus women are perfectly fine with their relationships moving slowly. It takes a while for them to open their heart up to someone new. They aren’t the type to rush into marriage and childbearing. They would rather move at a reasonable, consistent pace. They want to get to know the other person well before committing to them. Plus, Taurus women are patient, so they don’t mind waiting to reach important milestones. They would rather do something right than do it quickly.
When it comes to the bedroom, Taurus women want to be seduced by their partners. They don’t want to make the first move. They don’t want to act as the dominant party. They want the other person to take the initiative. However, they are too stubborn to try anything new. They want to stick with what they already know works. They prefer consistency and comfort over passion and excitement.
If you have a child that has Taurus as their zodiac sign, here are some things you should know:
- Friendly, easy-going.
- There’s a good chance they’ll be too obsessed with their possessions and protective of their toys.
- As they get older, you’ll notice that they have a stubborn attitude. Things are on their schedule, not yours!
- They will be confident, but won’t necessarily rush into things.
7 Things to Know About the Taurus Sign
- As a fixed sign, you strive for stability and persistence.
- Although they are smart and determined, they also can tend to procrastinate.
- A Taurus person will get along best with water signs.
- They’re homebodies and tend to be lazy sometimes.
- Don’t bother trying to change their mind about anything–they know what they want out of life and they know their argument is better than yours.
- They prefer a routine over an adventure. This goes for everyday life with food, travel, and what happens in the bedroom.
- If you want to gain the respect of this sign, be honest. Don’t be fake.
Uranus in Taurus
Big things are happening! On March 6th, 2019, Uranus entered Taurus and this will last until April of 2026! This is one of the most important events in astrology and it’s more powerful now because it’s lasting for 7 years.
Here are some things to know:
- The planet Uranus is known for vibrant energies and bringing forth change in innovation and discoveries.
- This is lasting for 7 years, and in Tarot, the number 7 is associated with “moving in a positive direction”
- Because this is occurring, it’s important to reject fear and prepare for challenges, and this very necessary change.
- A lot of focus will be put on wealth, love, and abundance, and how we look at these things.
- According to astrology, Taurus and Uranus aren’t very compatible – this will be interesting, so get ready.