1. Rediscovering a favorite song and binge listening to it while you feel super nostalgic about your past.
2. Listening to a song from your past and feeling like you’ve taken a time machine back to the exact moment when that particular song had significance in your life.
3. Taking a break from a song you love long enough that you get to enjoy it again with fresh ears. Whatever that feeling is—when a song has come back into your life in a big way—should be bottled up and sold because it’s the world’s most perfect feeling.
4. Finding a new song and knowing within the first 10 seconds that this song is going to be relentlessly repeated until the song loses its novelty or until your ears start bleeding, whichever comes first.
5. Listening to an amazing song on your headphones and it’s so damn good that you have to stop what you’re doing on the computer, turn up the volume to ear-ringing level, and dance and lip sync so hard that you definitely look ridiculous but you don’t give a shit because you are wrapped up in the feeling of this song and this! song! is all that matters right now.
6. Having such a hard day and then putting on a song that takes your mood from bad to incredible, simply because of the energy of the music, then sitting back and holding reverence for the power that is music.
7. Going through something difficult and finding a song that just GETS YOU SO MUCH it’s like, thank you music gods for understanding my struggle and delivering to me the most perfect anthem.
8. Finding a song which is literally so heartbreaking you turn up the volume and cry it all out, as if you’re the one who experienced the pain behind those lyrics and melody.
9. Finding a remix or an acoustic/live version of a favorite song that is just so damn good, it’s like you get to experience your favorite song in a whole new light. This feeling! This feeling is too good for words.
10. Going to a concert and the energy in the room is so intoxicating and the music is so flawless that you are seriously outside of your body in a whole different universe.
11. Experiencing a musician’s live or acoustic performance of a song and it’s better than the recorded version, it’s just like, man, that is art in its purest form.
12. Being a little drunk and putting on that perfect song that compels you and your friends to lose your minds in the best way ever.
13. Going out to a bar or a club and being just the right amount of buzzed, then having one of your favorite songs come on and all you can do is just DANCEDANCEDANCEDANCEDANCE.
14. Meeting your musical soul mate and all you two do is share music and every one of their recommendations is so unbelievably on point that it feels like you two share a language no one else understands.
15. Having a song attached to every era of your life and every great moment, because that’s how important music is to you. Your life can be bookmarked into chapters by what music you were obsessed with.
16. Being effectively so intoxicated that every song that is played is ~YOUR JAM~ because every song is your jam and the world is your oyster and you are so, so, so, so happy.
17. Finding out that your favorite artist released a SURPRISE NEW ALBUM. WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
18. Finding out that your favorite artist is releasing a new album and it’s like OH MY GODDDDD IT’S ALL HAPPENING!
19. Spending time alone and feeling super nostalgic, so you find some songs you haven’t listened to in a while and lose yourself in those memories of days and years past.
20. Discovering a cover of one of your favorite songs that is ludicrously somehow BETTER than the original and feeling like this is heaven, this is actually heaven in my ears right now.
21. Walking down the street with a song in your headphones that makes you feel like you’re the star of your own movie. And, you are, in a sense. You really are, if you think about it.
22. FEELING THE GOOSEBUMPS AND CHILLS AND TINGLES THAT ONLY BEAUTIFUL, PASSIONATE MUSIC CAN GIVE YOU. There is literally nothing in the world more perfect than great music. NOTHING.