A scrub is a guy who thinks he’s fly (also known as a busta).
He’s always talking about what he wants, but sits on his broke ass.
Nothing is his fault ever, but for some mysterious reason everything he has a deciding hand in fails.
And he has a philosophy to explain why he won’t do what he’s supposed to do, because honesty really isn’t his thing.
Went on one date with a guy I met on OkCupid and he spent the entire date complaining about things in his life and placing blame on his friends, parents, etc. First of all, why are you complaining about things on a first date?! Second, everything wrong in your life is because of the actions of someone else? I highly doubt it, negative nancy.
A guy who complains constantly… about anything, really, while refusing to do anything to improve himself or his situation. A guy who doesn’t know how to look on the bright side.
Over-reliance on labels: categorizing people into jocks/nerds, good girls/bad girls, Myers Briggs, atheists/christians, etc.
6. GET. A. JOB.
Unemployed or working a shit job while living with parents, paying no rent, with no intention of actually getting on with your life. Note: this is different from living with parents while at school or for economic/health/family obligation reasons when the guy is actually working towards getting himself established.
If he’s someone who takes pride in testing other people’s boundaries by being “sarcastic” or downright inappropriate. If he doesn’t hold a baseline knowledge of how to be around other people, and doesn’t have some kind of social disorder, he’s a fucking loser. And an ass.
The one that always gets me is mentioning MENSA membership.
Having no opinion on anything.
10. Take a shower
Surprised no one’s answered bad hygiene yet. If I come across a guy who reeks and is poorly groomed I can’t help but instantly assume that he’s an incompetent loser who won’t put in the effort or be bothered to maintain a consistent level of good personal hygiene. If on top of all that he has foul breath as well…yuck.
Being a douche to clerks/customer service people/waiters and waitresses, etc.
And mullets. Especially if worn with tank tops.
Constantly needing to apologize — because he forgot to show up, because he forgot his wallet, because his car doesn’t work again. It’s ok if you can’t make it/can’t afford it/need a ride, but don’t promise what you can’t deliver.
If he judges everyone else’s music taste as beneath his.
14. No effort
Being in a situation that’s not sustainable and putting forth 0 effort to improve it.
Guys who feel the need to put other people down to make themselves look better.
Shit talking their friends behind their backs to you as some shady way of trying to eliminate them as competition.
Inability to be financially responsible. I understand if you have a crap job – the economy is shit right now. But if you’re ordering out more days than not, spending a lot on booze and/or pot, and then blowing any windfall that comes your way on something frivolous, the last thing I want to do is tie my life and money to you.
18. My Little Pony
- Liking My Little Pony
- Wearing My Little Pony shirts in public
An obnoxiously loud car. A minimum wage job with no plans to further his career. Texting me only after 12am.
Being super sensitive and overreacting to things. For example, being busy on a night when he wants to hang out, if he’s super immature and gets upset. Ugh instant turn-off.
21. SO. CLINGY.
- No job/not going to school and doing nothing about it
- Too clingy towards people
- The need to constantly impress everyone
- Can’t make his own decisions
22. Momma’s Boys
- Hood rich guys. The ones that have the latest and greatest stuff but work low paying jobs, live in the hood and can’t afford the most basic necessities.
- Momma’s boys. The kind that refuse to cut the apron strings and their moms being their enablers.
- Guys that are rude to service workers.
- Multiple kids from multiple baby mommas…and worse a deadbeat.
- Guys that try to be “friends” with you even though they know you’re taken.
- Cheapskates and moochers.
- Not accepting responsibility for their mistakes or weaknesses
- Vandalism/recreational violence
- Using words like ‘gay’ or ‘retarded’ to casually describe something they don’t like
- Excessively labelling/stereotyping people
- Being excessively defensive
- If their only goals in life are get rich quick plans (gamble, be an athlete, reality tv,etc).
- Treats their family bad (especially their parents and kids)
- Treats their pets bad.
- Pathological Liars
25. The White Knight
I’m surprised nobody mentioned White Knighting, whining about the Friendzone, or World of Warcraft yet.