1) Go places. See the world. You’ll be glad you did.
2) Date boys who make you laugh. Date boys who are happy and who share that happiness with you.
3) Take time to yourself. It’s so important.
4) Call your mom everyday and tell her you love her.
5) If you want to eat an entire chocolate cake at midnight with your best friends, do it. It’s not going to kill you.
6) Volunteer. Do good in the world because, it is so much more fulfilling than anything else you could imagine.
7) Go on a run after a stressful day and blast your favorite music. You’ll be surprised at how much better you’ll feel.
8) Laugh at yourself. You’re probably a lot funnier than you realize.
9) Make mistakes. Get three ear piercings you don’t need, dye your hair red, embrace the period of time in your life when you’re trying to figure out who you are. You have a lot more time to regret silly mistakes than you do to actually live them.
10) Sing at the top of your lungs on long, solitary car rides just because you can.
11) Never ever apologize for being you.
12) Fall in love and fall out of love. You will learn about yourself in so many ways, and that is a gift.
13) Realize that life is a gift. Don’t waste it.
14) There’s a fine line between friends and true friends. Only time will tell you who your true friends are.
15) Take care of the people you love.
16) Always be kind, even if you really don’t want to. It’s not as difficult as it seems.
17) Respect your body and respect yourself. Always, always, always.
18) There is actual work required in changing the world. Be prepared to work hard.
19) Choose a profession because, it is exactly what you want to do and not what others expect of you.
20) Learn to let go of the people who add unnecessary stress to your life, even if you care about them.
21) Know that the only person who can save you is you. Be your own hero.
22) Always remember that what scares you the most will oftentimes make you stronger.